COMODO Time Machine BETA Released!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dragons Forever, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Mine is an HP system as well.

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Someone who's already using Time Machine and has access to its EULA: could you tell me if the EULA has the same wording as shown in this article? It seems to be on almost all their products, but Time Machine is too new to have been included in the article.

I think this is very important to those of us who can't separate privacy from security and vice versa.

3. LockBox

I'm wondering if it's in the Time Machine EULA though - that other thread is talking about the EULA alright, but I'm specifically interested in the topic at hand which is Time Machine.

4. This is only first version and a beta one too guys. ;) Developers really want this out released, and then they can start on next stages of development of this gem. :)

Comodo Time Machine will be Separate and also integrated into CIS - However, Full blown CTM will NOT be in CIS! It will however, be enough to go back in time from infection. AFAIK, CIS Memory Scanner Signatures and time machine technology will work together to achieve ground-breaking protection. Malware that hits memory and detected by CIS, will simply enough, whizzed back in time using the CTM technology and you won't lose any data.

Stay Tuned!

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Seems like we are due for a CIS beta. It's been a while. Do you know when it is coming?

6. It is due after Time Machine, Year end is CIS v4 Beta Launch.

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I was hoping they would have a beta with improved detection/heuristics prior to then.

8. You will see great improvements in v4. The combination of CIMA Heursitics, Behaviour Blocker and a top notch AV is going to very powerful for detection side of things. Sandboxing and Defense+ acting as prevention will also be extremely powerful. As for cure, Time Machine & Some acid-cleaning like abilities (there aint gonna be a rookit that can hide from the AV):) will be there. Wait and see, top notch security and easy enough for anyone and everyone. In one suite you will have Prevention, Detection and Cure - Designed to work in harmony together, with no incompatible issues and overlapping issues!

Anyway, a lil off topic. But point is, the time machine released now is just one of the components to v4. ;)

9. Don't Worry. v4 will be as light as CIS is now.

Infact, CIS uses less resources then CFP 3 did when it was released just as Firewall & Defense+! Now ThreatCast, SecureDNS, HopSurf, Memory Firewall, AV, etc is added... It got lighter. Don't worry.:)

10. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Not quite correct, All though the "memory" Was reduced, CPU time and I/O writes have increased with the AV enabled.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Dragons Forever, any ideas when we can expect a beta? I am excited to try it.

BTW I wonder why you changed from 3xist to a new user name!

Thanks

12. Year end is all I know at the moment. :)

And My other account was hacked and by a mate of mine who saw my password. :( (True Story). I wonder if admins can change names... hmmm.

3xist.

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. I never thought that some one will like to hack even a forum account.

14. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

My install produced some errors, although CTM seemed to work. This is problably the reason CTM failed against a few test trojans and rootkits I throwed at it (it said it reverted back to a frozen install, but everything seemed unchanged, including trojans etc)

So I am curious on its effectiveness, any one tried?

15. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

on my laptop works like a charm

16. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

I have seen private videos where my friend installs lot of rogues etc (and tests IObit Security 360) and then uses CTM. It works fine for that VM.
    Also, IS 360 is working well with these malware samples :D It left only few undetected :thumb:

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hi,what is the new version of comodo D+?thanks

18. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

19. icr

icr Registered Member

I tested comodo with some of rootkits and trojans which remained in system and disabled execution of any applications (no taskmanager,Process-xplorer,not even my norton) but i tried to restore snapshot and it did without any problems.
    Full marks to CTM:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

:thumb:
    cool;) test
    :thumb:

21. icr

icr Registered Member

22. LockBox

I had never tried their firewall before and you are quite right, it's really nice. Uses limited resources, intuitive and does the job.

23. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

What you mean exactly?

24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

new version of comodo?thanks

25. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Just looked at Comodo Forum Apparently Raid is not supported yet & may not be for a while in CTM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.