COMODO Time Machine 2.2.121064.147 RC Released!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dragons Forever, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Anyone willing to test out what the results are when your operating system BSOD's for some reason ? :D

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There is a provision in windows to force a BSOD if you really desire to test this. Google for it.

Pete

3. treehouse

treehouse Registered Member

i have found a security flaw in CTM. do this, install CTM then make an image, then run combofix, reboot, then run scan with hitman pro, it will find combofix, but if you roll back to the base image then run a scan with hitman pro...it will still find combofix!!!!

if combofix can survive a rollback then so can malware!!:mad: !! shame, i really liked this software too.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i think its a bug with Hitman Pro cuz im having the same issue (and thats without rolling back or anything, just on the same snapshot) its detecting files that ive already deleted off my system, but Hitman didnt detect these files before i deleted thme, it says the already deleted files are "suspicious" and hiding themselves...

5. treehouse

treehouse Registered Member

i dont think you understood the point i was trying to make, does any one know wat am trying to say, i have been viewing wilders forums for years but i have never posted, what i have discovered is such a big security risk that it would be dangerous to use CTM as a backup program, (p.s, i used ubcd4win to explore my computer AFTER rolling back with CTM, guess what, i could see combofix on my desktop!!!)

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

so it did not rollback the system properly that is no good:D

7. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

I keep getting annoying pop-ups telling me I am low on disk space - I have 26 gig free. Is this a bug or have I configured it incorrectly?

8. firzen771

i got the exact same thing as u and the popup doesnt stop no matter what u do, u close and it continues to keep popping up... i uninmstall CTM and wont be installing it untill its AT LEAST released as final.

9. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

Have you tried compacting the snapshots?

10. firzen771

i tried that and it accomplished nothing, still was getting the annoying constant popups...

11. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

I think you need a lot more free space than the suggested 10 Gb, My laptop had this problem with 12.5 so I had to uninstall too. I deleted the D: partition to give me about 40 Gb free on C: and it seems to be OK now.

12. firzen771

well i tried to delete about 20gb of data with CTM installed while i was getting this popup, but CTM wuldnt let me keep any of these deletions of a reboot, so first it says i dont have enuff space, but then when i try to make space, it reverts all the deletions on reboot, removing CTM removed this problem and i was able to delete files again.

13. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

CTM totally killed my laptop.

I tried to un-install and nothing happened. Then restarted and had a Comodo boot screen which said it was loading files and eventually crashed. Now I cannot get into Windows at all (even via safe mode) and none of the recovery options work.

I also notice it seemed to disable Windows own system restore feature - this would have been handy to have enabled as it would have meant I could have removed CTM easily!

Good job I have a backup and my Win 7 installation disc.

14. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

yo man , it is wise to make a full image backup before installing such a BETA software .

now u will learn for the next time :D

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that was not a nice experience noblelordo_O

16. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hi firzen771 :),

You would encounter the same issue with Rollback RX and the like...
    I removed GData AV and then took a snapshot with RBRX. Hitman Pro used afterwards, found deleted GData files in system32\drivers that were no more present in my new snapshot and considered them as "suspicious"!
    I assume that AV or other softwares that hook up the system deep are not deleted in the snaphot image created by CTM or RBRX and that Hitman Pro scans the REAL system not the snapshot... Maybe i'm wrong but it's an hypothesis...

Regards,
    Herve

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Herve

Understand that when you take a snapshot there is no "image" taken. Just a table of sectors. Most AV's or scanners would probably only see the active snapshot, as Windows doesn't know about the other ones. They are just random sectors on the drive, defined only by the sector table taken by CTM/RBx/EAZfix

Pete

18. firzen771

well i didnt have the issue with Rollback Rx, but i used the previous version of Hitman Pro when i was using Rollback Rx, so something changed in Hitman Pro that causes it, so thats why i think its a Hitman Pro bug of some sort, but ive already removed CTM for now.

19. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hello Pete, my GOUROU! LOL,

You are right ... not an image but just a random table of sectors! My bad!
    So maybe Hitman Pro can't see these random sectors;-) Again just an assumption.
    What is strange is that 2 months ago i removed an imaging software, took a snapshot.... and alas i couldn't rollback to any of my previous snapshots together with the impossibility of booting cause a driver of the incriminated sofware was missing. I had to update my baseline to boot up!

Cheers Pete,
    Herve

EDIT:
    firzen771: Don't you think this issue could be reported in the Hitman Pro thread? Of course if you think that HMPro is the culprit...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  20. firzen771

i did report it in the HMP thread but with no reply... but i cant really help out with that particular bug anymore since ive uninstalled CTM...

21. Heco

Heco Registered Member

... to replace CTM with what? I hope you don't mind me asking... sorry firzen771.
    Cheers,
    Herve:cool:... a crackpot but...unlike other crackpots, conscious of being one LOL

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  22. firzen771

i havent REPLACED it with anything, i just uninstalled it and am waiting till maybe its out of beta. kept getting low space warning from it over and over and over every 2 minutes so i just uninstalled it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.