Comodo sandbox - auto-sandboxing

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by luciddream, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Is there any way to disable this? I don't see a setting anywhere to do it. Perhaps there's a registry tweak or something? The only thing this feature ever does is break installs, as it sandboxes files as the program's trying to install itself. The only thing I can think to do is disable sandboxing before installing, then re-enable it again afterward.

I've been thinking about disabling the sandbox in Comodo and buying Sandboxie. I have to ask though, am I going to run into the same problem if I do? Or can you disable this feature in Sandboxie, or at least have granular control that will allow you to add installers to exceptions? Such a feature is "supposed" to exist in Comodo "detect installers and run them outside the sandbox", but it still sandboxes them anyway. Or maybe that setting only applies to programs manually sandboxed?

Another question about the Comodo sandbox, or an observation: The right-click/sandbox option is only there for me when I run in Safe Mode, which doesn't exactly do me much good. How can I get this to show up in my context menu?

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

When using SBIE, you have complete control of what runs sandboxed.
    When you are installing something, the installer will run normally, as
    nothing from Sandboxie will interfere with the install and the only
    installs that will run sandboxed is when YOU decide to install
    something in a sandbox.

Using SBIE you have total control of whats run sandboxed, nothing
    gets auto sandboxed unless is a program or folder that you have
    chosen it to always open in a sandbox. In Sandboxie, that feature
    is called forced folders and forced programs.

In Sandboxie the right-click/sandbox option is always available unless
    you don't want it. Looks to me, that Sandboxie is for you.

Bo

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

All you have to do is uncheck the "automatically sandbox unrecognized files" under your Defense+ settings and then if you want to sandbox you right click and "Run in Comodo's Sandbox"

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

That right-click context menu just isn't there for me. Strangely, it only appears when I'm in Safe Mode. I have no idea why.

I also have no setting whatsoever that says "automatically sandbox unrecognized files" in my D+ settings. Only "Treat unrecognized files as:", and "Show notifications for automatically sandboxed processes"

There should quite simply be a setting that says: "Disable auto-sandboxing", that leaves the rest of the functionality intact and clearly defines your objective.

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yes, the "Treat unrecognized files as" can be unchecked and that'll do everything that you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.