Comodo Personal Firewall 5.12.59641.2559

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by berryracer, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Comodo Internet Security, Comodo’s award-winning free security suite, offers prevention-based, Default Deny Protection (DDP) technology to prevent malware in your PC.

Conventional security suites ignore prevention, focusing only on the eventual detection of viruses. Basically, this means that it will allow all applications to access your PC resources by default as long as the application is not on your security software’s blacklist of already known malware.

Comodo Internet Security includes an extensive white-list of safe executables called the 'Comodo Safe-List Database'. This database checks the integrity of every file and application asking for access to your PC. Comodo Internet Security will alert you of potentially damaging applications before they are installed. This is a ground-breaking method of protecting your PC. Traditionally firewalls only detect harmful applications from a blacklist of known malware - often-missing new forms of malware that are being created and launched daily.

Comodo Internet Security is continually updated and currently almost 3,000,000 applications are in Comodo Safe list, representing virtually one of the largest safe lists within the security industry. Put simply, the good stuff gets in, and the bad stuff gets nowhere near your PC’s insides.

32-Bit: *ttp://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x86.exe

64-Bit: *ttp://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x64.exe

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

More -> Preferences -> General -> uncheck Enable Comodo Message Center.

It was that easy....:p
    Is it shame to ask people how to get rid of it?

3. berryracer

no, but it is just wrong from a security company to have such htings enabled by default.

if they come across a user that is testing the software and has no patience, he would uninstall it in a blink

4. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Right....like others have no ad/nag screens.
    This one is very small in the size...is not full screen or even in the GUI.
    And can easily be turned off.
    :rolleyes:

The user who really wants to properly test the product WILL NOT uninstall it because of that.
    This option has nothing to do with its capabilities of defending your system against malware.
    I'm sure that during testing he would go through all the options and adjust something here and there....

5. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Already tried Comodoo_O

You didn't have Outpost installed very long.....what didn't you like about Outpost?

6. berryracer

Simply not compatible with KAV.

I had to disable the KAV NDIS Filters, which I did, because before that my entire system would crawl to death (very slow), then everything as fine. But I didn't like the fact that Outpost kept giving me a sign that something is disabled (which I have disabled the Outpost (forgot what it's called) defense thing, also, it had a question mark all the time on its icon in the task bar, someone told me that is because it is in learning mode but I never knew how to get rid of it

I had another issue which I posed on their forums but I can't remember what it was, now I go to their forums and noticed the entire thread is deleted :rolleyes:

7. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Berry which thread because normally NO thread is removed!!

8. berryracer

a thread named "Outpost compatibility with Kaspersky Antivirus"

Took them 2 days for anyone to reply then it was removed

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

10. berryracer

No bro that isn't my thread, my name is also berryracer there

Just to confirm, now when I go to Advanced Search, and look for threads with my username in them I get 0 in the search results.

Someone must've deleted my thread*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  11. saakeman

saakeman Registered Member

Their Geekbuddy is a pain ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ Shhh... I am not going to get angry. I am just going to click uninstall. Wow, much better! Such a shame they used to be a good product, now it's full of ad's, even in the uninstaller.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

You can opt it out during installation.
    :rolleyes:

13. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Is it really that difficult for people to just simply read the install information and untick a few options.
    Now wasnt that easy..:mad: :cautious:

14. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

When I first installed CFW I made the mistake of getting the full installation thinking it was only the firewall and turned up installing GeekBuddy and some other things I didn't need. Won't make that mistake again.

Great firewall btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.