Comodo New ver question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by demoneye, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Not even close. :D It's D+ that makes those ratings in Matousec. With D+ completely disabled it has 0 (most probably) antileak ability. Anyway, i am almost certain you would find it in the "red area" of Matousec's list.

3. demoneye

10x for reply mate....thata was my estimation to , will be glad to hear more opnion on this isue

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

If the pop ups annoy you, what you can do, is uncheck some D+ boxes in D+ settings. Practically when you install Comodo, there is the option to have antileak protection, without enabling ALL options in D+. This is a compromise to have less pop ups. I think in the CIS it is now called "optimal security" during installation. But it's always D+ behind the antileak technology... If you completely disable it, Comodo only keeps its firewall rules and nothing more.

5. demoneye

and much moreless effective also ;)

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You should use CIS, not CFP if you want less pop-ups. Much more quiet and better default settings. I'd suggest switching it to "Safe mode" right after install.

7. demoneye

yep , i know cis and cfp to the bone..... just try them all.... atm i am trial KIS and i am very pleased from him... great and light software , also its fire wall is great!

cheers

8. 3xist

3xist Guest

With CIS 3.5 if you still the Firewall only, you now have 3 options.

9. lordraiden

lordraiden Registered Member

But CIS has integrated Comodo firewall, them you will get the same popus, no?

10. 3xist

3xist Guest

Nope.

Pop ups have reduced because of D+ & Firewall technology updates, Also because of the AV. If you want the good old CFP 3.0 D+, You can change your configuration too "Proactive Security" and Image Execution & All D+ Settings will be activated. There are basically 4 Default settings, and that's where the configurations are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.