Comodo Memory Guardian Beta v1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Coolio10, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Stem:

If all security app vendors have your vision, we, as end users will have peaceful cyber days in sight. I suppose they do not go to the very same after-hour club, or do not belong to the same health-fitness club ? A selfish act re Commodo's part we may say, but information/knowledge inside trading/sharing sometimes may not be a very smart idea. IMO, A self-regulatory body is perhaps what these vendors urgently need in the very near future. Take care.

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi Stem :)

a member of the comodo forums brought this topic to Melih's (Comodo's CEO) attention. Here is his responce:

http://forums.comodo.com/comodo_mem...programming-t11398.0.html;msg101295#msg101295
    The following is from a pm I had with Melih some minutes ago.

"posting of any private communications without the express permission of all parties involved is prohibited" per TOS....Bubba~

regards,
    Panagiotis

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  3. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

This seems to be your way of british humour :D
    Lool, I guess you don´t come from UK, I understand your point of view.:cool:

I am not surprise imho Comodo RC1 is extremely vulnerable as well as most other firewalls even if it belongs to the best what this world has to offer. (naturally Outpost and Online Armor belong together with Comodo to the best)

And I bet you´ll still be able to bypass even in final...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I am not going to get involved with cross-forum chats/posts.

My question was simple,
    which could of been answered with a "yes" or "no". Instead, there is a "Melih overflow"

I am finished with this thread.

5. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

It is also perhaps irrelevent.

Which vendors are Comodo going to release it to? Antivirus vendors? Firewall vendors? HIPS vendors? Do any of them claim that their products detect and prevent buffer overflows? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can remember, none of them do.

Not to mention that, like Melih mentioned, this isn't POC code. This isn't something new. And it isn't something available only to privileged members of the computer underworld - it's a widespread attack that's been around for ages, with the code to do so readily available to anyone who wants it anyway.

I, for one, am glad to see you done with this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.