Comodo IS Offer !!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AvinashR, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Ah!! Good man!!
    Orders must be obeyed!!

rat

2. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

Ah it seems only my direct link for comodo special unboxing and space odyssey movie is against policy, so then do you have any different names on various security forums or you are ratwing everywhere?

3. Clench Tightly

Clench Tightly Registered Member

I have just tried to send you a PM disclosing my Comodo forum handle, but recieved a message saying you can't receive message or have it turned off.

I'm quite happy to disclose it if the admins think it's necessary.

CT :)

4. falkor

falkor Registered Member

I still think the point is being missed . The Suite is junk . And he is giving it away ? How nice . Thanks . I have some Louisiana shore land I will sell you dirt cheap . In another year , I might give it away . One man's junk is another man's junk .

5. falkor

falkor Registered Member

And why does it matter whom Clench or hay may be ? They add to the forum regardless .

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Unless you prove otherwise, your point is invalid. Looks like plain old boycotting to me.

As for my opinion of this offer, it's generous, but unnecessary for me.

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

True...:doubt:

8. falkor

falkor Registered Member

I am not here to prove anything . Your opinion is you find it generous . Ok . I find it to be nothing short of a joke . Too many here want proof of things . Grow up folks . People express their thoughts here . Unless it is quoted as a fact , no proof needed . Just someone's opinion of what one thinks . You take this much too seriously . I certainly do not come here to find someone saying something is the best program in the world so I can download . Lol . As you find it generous , I find the fact that he claims the price is $ 69.95 or something is a complete ripoff and a joke . I will agree with you on your last point . I also find it unnecessary :cool: . Oh , no proof needed thanks .:cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  9. burebista

burebista Registered Member

In your opinion.
    Of course you're a very knowledgeable person and you've tested it in many scenarios and of course is junk it does nothing to protect your computer.

And about offer I guess it's OK for those who need it. I mean Remote Security & System Support free for one year it should be interesting for those who have no idea about setting up/using a security suite. After a year with Comodo's assistance I guess they'll know how to use CIS for themselves and they can rely only on CIS Free.
    But of course I forget that is junk and they'll ditch it after one year.:rolleyes:

10. gery

gery Registered Member

this thread turned into :"come ye all lets bash the Comodos" type of thing
    Just drop it guys. Almost everyone here knows what Comodo is or is not.:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: for the bashing thread. If you do not like something just do not use it

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

others people's trush is some's gold:D that depends on how you take it:)

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

true CIS has come a long way. im liking the 4.1 update.

13. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Im going to give it a go and see what happens.

14. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Nope,must be well within posting guidelines.

I am able to copy/paste to propaganda video,presented by un-biased software
    tester/Comodo Moderator Languy.

15. Noob

Noob Registered Member

All Comodo threads turn into bashing threads hahaha
    They should be prohibited for some time LOL :D

16. Oh my god...

These Comodo Bashers/Haters make me laugh so much! lol

Grow up guys seriously! ;) Take the offer... or leave it. Simple. No need for the extra over dramatic drama. :)

17. icr

icr Registered Member

And

I completely agree with you two:)

18. ratwing

ratwing Guest

icr:

You agree that Comodo threads should be "prohibited for some time"?

19. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

Having read through some of the most unpleasant and offensive posts in this topic, I no longer wish to be a member of a forum which allows this type of thing.

Other topics in this forum are deleted or locked for very trivial reasons, but this sort of behaviour seems to be encouraged here.

If there is a moderator watching this topic, would you please delete my account, as I have no wish to continue reading such childish nonsense in the future. At the age of 72 I have better things to do!

20. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am not at all agree with those WHO said that Comodo threads should be "prohibited for some time"...:)

21. icr

icr Registered Member

Bashing a particular AV(comodo here) should be prohibited:)

Developing an AV product is no walk in the park;)

22. ratwing

ratwing Guest

And if there was not at least some balance, ever Comodo thread here,would
    look like the Comodo forum.

23. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

And with your posting I agree fully. There is a strange way of moderating here, that much is true!

24. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Very true...:thumbd:

25. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sigh. Not a single one of you sent a "Report Bad Post" for anything in this thread.

You people need to step back and take an honest look at other threads here. You seem to think that only Comodo has detractors here. Do you ever read any of the threads about Norton/Symantec? Or, how about all the anti-Microsoft comments? (It must be so common place that people just don't notice it anymore. Ever see Bill Gates name mentioned without someone posting a nasty remark about him? Heck, he isn't even associated with Microsoft anymore yet you can still find people making "Gates sucks" and "screw M$" posts.) Then there is Eset - lots of negative posts in their threads. Oh, and SAS gets a lot of bashing here, and in their case, often the comments are directed personally at their developer, so, it's not just Melih or Bill that gets negative comments. Even the Linux threads are riddled with bashing... We got a couple guys in particular that just can't keep from getting into it there... one always accusing the other of "FUD", the other accusing "fan boy" back at him.

So, in this thread a person has said "The Suite is junk" and added comments questioning the actual cash value of the giveaway offer. A couple posts are people saying in various ways that they are suspicious of the offer or the company's motives. However, there are plenty of Pro-Comodo posts in this thread, too. When there is balance between the sides, we generally don't get involved. So, I'm not sure what you expect us to do exactly. Yes, we close a lot of threads, mostly because they are pointless or un-thought out "A vs B" type threads. Or, because they have spiraled out of control, but, usually only after both sides have posted their views (and yes, even mutual bashes). We generally wait until a fair balance is reach between the Pro and Con sides though, whatever the product or topic.

We simply can not stop people from having negative opinions and posting them. (Someone says Comodo is junk. Someone else says Norton is bloat. Microsoft is the great evil. Google is trying to take over the world....) If we removed every anti-Norton, anti-Microsoft, anti-SAS, anti-Eset and yes, anti-Comodo posts, probably a third of all the posts would disappear. There are anti-product posts in almost every thread. For every fan of a product there is a detractor. (Have you notice the heated remarks in the avast "advertisment" issue thread?)

Anyway, I really do wish people would put a little more thought into their posts, and not make everything so one dimensional. And frankly, people rush to the bashing all too frequently and not just about Comodo. I find it rather depressing myself, but then I can't just delete my account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.