Comodo Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by minacross, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

now speaking about hips they alert you and inform you well for every thing;) even if i change the channel in my tv a hips will alert me:D every action;)

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Thats because you frequently switch to the naughty channels c :argh:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

man no,hey can you get viruses from the tv?:)

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was testing comodo with D+ and i can tell you the D+ in comodo is what makes comodo "comodo":thumb:

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Please explain,

Being Dutch: I have back packed through indonesia a lot (relations with Indonesia date back from one of our lesser periods of Dutch to be proud of, but, still an amazing interesting group of islands and different cultures).

I happened to see the Comodo dragon in the wild. His mouth is so full of poiseness bacteries that a goat simply dies after being bitten by the giant leguano.

So please explain, because I problably get the wrong associations

K.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what i mean is that the D+ is a unique feature within the app,and for my case that dont trust antivirus anymore i found this hips to be gold like feature:thumb: tested like alot people in the forum:speed,compabilities,the app improvement from time to time plus couple of malware it block;) makes this unique but all comes out the D+ and not from the antivirus part of the app:) i dont knnow if i was clear this time maybe :D

7. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Good God! I din't even know an animal called "Comodo dragon" exists! :eek:

May i propose a less exotic possibility? In spanish and italian, comodo means "comfortable", "cosy".

It's your turn JMonge!

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i imagine a cofortable dragon:)

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

maybe i confuse keeso_O dont know

10. Kees1958

Jmonge,

I Understand your explanation.

I do not rely on an AV, but I do not want to spread known bad guys.

This is the only reason I stil have an AV (checking at write only=new arrivals)

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i use it in a dammy pc but not in my signiture,well comodo is still good and maybe the best free one out there but "dont like software firewalls at all"that's all about me not comodo and still waiting for defensewall to put it to the test;)

12. Fuzzfas

Yes, probably the goat being killed by poisonous bacteria can be a comfortable death for her. LOL! I mean, at least it must be less painful or horrifying! It could tear the goat apart! Instead, the Comodo dragon, waits patiently for the bacteria to kill with a more polite way. :argh: The goat may not even realize it's dying! :D

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

lol:)

14. Kees1958

Yeah,

Fuzzfas

Cómodo, that makes sence. On his blog Melih clearly does not like aussies.

http://www.melih.com/

Cheers

15. Fuzzfas

ROFL! Must be a subtle attack on Mike Nash. :D

I 'm not sure if this is why Melih chose the "Comodo" name. Just a guess, since i haven't found anything else.

16. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

OMG that is frigging hilarious

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

"1) Security technology that works: We can no longer fight viruses using a 25 year old technology called AntiVirus! Anti Viruses have lost the war, period! Anti Virus should not and can not be your first line of defense in your security! Anti Virus is a default Allow system. Consumers spend over $5Billion (Billion with a capital B) on something that really doesn’t protect them! The security model needed to change, from default allow system to a default deny system, from detection being your first line of defense, prevention being the first line of defense. That is what we have achieved. We have world’s first Layered Security Product where Prevention (default deny) is your first line of defense, followed by Detection and then Cure. Now with this the computing infrastructure can be a much safer place where your computers won’t fall victim to brainwash!"

No wonder Comodo AV isn't good yet, he hates antiviruses, lol. Now....how come his videos are edited to where he repeats the same thing in every single video? Lol, that was weird. I agree with him when he says we shouldn't be told to stop using this software/browser or that one. Indeed, why CAN'T I use IE or any of the other software apps that are so "insecure"? Prevention IS the answer to security issues....now if only all those damned alerts wouldn't pop up when my computer sneezes, I wouldn't be PREVENTED from using PREVENTION :D

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree for all you said
    "prevention is better than the cure":thumb:

19. Fuzzfas

Hatred or not, Comodo's AV has 100% detection rate, for the malware in its database. :D

He also does some particular editing (cutting scenes) during the video. I think he likes film directing and he tries to put a "personal signature" to his videos. You know, like when you see a film and say "This must be a Tarantino!", now you can say "this is a Melih". :D

ROFL! Now, this tiny issue, will be addressed in future videos. From what i gathered though, Melih's ideal world would be the one of "trusted computing", with a centralized database of "good" and "bad" applications. But, on that, i could also write a blog article, about the risks from it, from manipulation, control, spying from gov's, etc.

Truth is, the PCs of people, unless a huge "big brother", state-sponsored operation is decided, will be protected, only when the newest generations grow up and hopefully will have taken some informatics lessons at school and "security" becomes a serious subject in that. Just like geography, mathematics etc, with importance to security. Otherwise, we will end up with "1984" in our digital life.

20. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

buahahahauhauhauhauhauhauhahuhauh

I love that Emu!! :D

21. subset

subset Registered Member

Why does he use all these exclamation marks o_O

I tell you! Believe me! True or not! Doesn't matter! Cos I said so!

That's oddish.

22. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

He's easily excited? lol

23. Kees1958

Or he dictates the blog and imagines he speakes to a crowd of believers, which chear "hear hear" after avery exclamation mark (followed by a little silence for effect).

We can laugh about it, but Melih displays normal behaviour for a succesfull self made entrepeneur.

Just for the record, who of this forum is only 10% as succefull in building up a company like that. He was kid from Turkey, going to the UK, later on to the US. When you work along the lines of the behaviour grid of the masses, you do not achieve what he has achieved. So your own thoughts and ideas have proven to be much more succusfull than any advice you have received from anyone else.

The down side to this is that these type of self made succesfull CEOs, tend you develop a self refence audience (so he stops recieving critism or honest feedback). It is like the classical story of the clothes of the KING.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  24. Fuzzfas

It all becomes clear, if you imagine him on a balcony with a crowd below. You MUST show enthusiasm in your voice or nobody will pay attention after a while! :D

Melih for President! :ninja:

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i saw one of his videos he looks like fidel castro:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.