Comodo Internet Security 8.1.0.4426 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Victek, Feb 4, 2015.

1. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

Hello Everyone !

We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4474 BETA is ready for your review!!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your precious feedbacks and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have a number of new features and improvements implemented with our new release CIS 8.2.0.4474 BETA.

Important Note: Previous CIS Beta instances should be uninstalled before you install CIS 8.2.0.4474 BETA.

What's new in 8.2.0.4474?

New

New File Rating list

• Possibility to define custom file rating in parallel with Comodo rating.
    • File Details dialog with Comodo file information

Sandbox
    • File Age filter in Auto-Sandbox rules
    • "Ignore any Metro app" rule in Auto-Sandbox
    • Option to switch off “Created By” and “Origin” sources tracking (ADS creation omitted)

Managing Viruscope state from main UI and Widget

Active Processes List task in Tasks pane

Upgrade
    • New upgrade button option on UI
    Multi-Language support
    • Vietnamese language support
      Romanian language support
    Supported OS
    • Windows10 Tech Preview Support

Improved

Antivirus Engine
    • RAR 5 archives support

Fixed

We have addressed many issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

• Wrong AV alert appears for sandboxed malware on Modern Theme
    • Dividing line is absent in 'Sources' Tab in Sandbox rules in 'Modern Theme
    • Incorrect icons in the window of Choose a Region in create new scan profile in Modern Theme

What needs to be tested?

The most important features of this BETA are
    • File Rating List
    • New AV Engine
    So the most valuable bugs are the REPRODUCIBLE bugs which are related to system stability issues, compatibility issues, and crashes.

You are more than welcome to test all other features as well.

Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD's in the Beta section of the forum. The required format is given here:

http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/required-beta-bug-reporting-format-t101349.0.html

Download Location

Comodo Internet Security

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000_beta/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
    Size: 192M ( 200641656 )
    MD5: 4d1d05bb2b6d1eb5abeec377502655d1
    SHA1: 4834ebe6e7a823ec4acef24a189ebeb4c3b10df6

Comodo Antivirus

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000_beta/standalone/cav_installer.exe
    MD5: 5041652825888463cc844de919c94f28
    SHA1: 858c2782c37ade5ee759a2c62351638402689d3f

Comodo Firewall

http://anonymz.com/?http://download...stalls/4000_beta/standalone/cfw_installer.exe

MD5: 43ea0454b111ef130e9db623630b4f61
    SHA1: dfd5646c851d56489bcb8f66c40dd8d0bae42279

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

mortal i highly doubt you will like comodo. its much heavier on the system than many others as well imo its always in beta. its not a bad av and im not saying its terrible, but its detection is only average unless you set everything to default deny like they used to do right out of the box. firewall was excellent in the past but again always pretty heavy when i tested it. and now they throw in all this extra crap i dont need a browser nor the desktop gadget or the stupid comodo help guy thing (forget what its called)

3. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Same here,more or less. Currently using Comodo AV v5.12 mainly for the D+ HIPS liking the low resource usage.

Just wondering that maybe some people who are pushing the paid suites maybe don`t like Comodo because it`s free and very good ?

Regards Eck:)

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Today is the second time in about 10 days since CFW is installed on my laptop and when the icon disappears from the taskbar and cistray.exe is not running without any reason.I have to manually open CFW.Anyone had similar issues or knows something about this?

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I run CIS latest stable minus AV & set to config Internet Security default settings.
    I find Cloud AV in CIS enough & AutoSandbox for offline protection. (CAV is decent AV but the database filesize is huge, the bloats, browser, geekbuddy, etc... also increases the installer filesize)
    No other AV installed too.

I had this prob couple days back.
    I guess cistray is for GUI & doesn't affect protection.
    I had restarted the system & it loaded fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.