Comodo Internet Security 6.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Thanks, sister! I changed that setting to Untrusted long time ago.
    :)

2. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

My Google Chrome Browser and even the Comodo Dragon Browser don't work after installing Comodo firewall 6.0, the pages just don't load.

although Opera and Internet Explorer work as they should.

is their any work around ?

when i disabled Comodo FW everything works as they should, so its definitely a Comodo FW issue

3. javahole

javahole Registered Member

I'm using Comodo CIS 6 on my little Acer Aspire One. Its funny as i cant seem to use sandboxes on this laptop. Tried Sandboxie, gave me BSOD's and it wouldnt even load. The virtual comodo browser will load, but its also blue screened when using it. The dump file gave exactly the same cause - the intel graphics 3600 driver. I updated the driver, but still the same thing so have resigned myself to the fact i cant use sanboxes unless some genius can figure it out.

I'm thinking Toolwiz TF , Chrome, and CIS hips should be good enough though.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Is BufferZone giving you the same issues? It's essentially also a sandboxing tool...

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

BufferZone has known incompatibility with CIS and OA.

6. javahole

javahole Registered Member

I havent tried Bufferzone.:) I think ,given my lack of PC know how i'll just leave it with sandboxes and settle for the relative calm of no BSOD's. Touch wood.

I see Rapport says you should give Comodo ''access rights'' otherwise rapport wont work. Maybe thats why my Rapport wouldnt update for me ?

7. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I've had a serious issue occur to me with this new version.

First I noticed the tray icon of Comodo had become blank. It simply disappeared although the space where it should be was still there but empty. Hovering the mouse over it displayed the confirmation that it was Comodo's tray icon.

Then I right clicked on it and disabled the antivirus to see if that would cause the icon to reload and fix the problem. Nothing. I re-enabled it, still nothing.

Then I opened the main GUI. I disabled the antivirus but the interface still showed the all-green "Secure" and real-time protection as "Active".

Then I re-enabled the antivirus and downloaded the eicar.com file to test whether the antivirus was really working. No warning from Comodo, as if the antivirus component wasn't working.

I have "Proactive Security" on with a few minor changes to configuration. "Enable adaptive mode under low system resources" is on.

I am also using Kingsoft AV. I used to use it with Avira (Kingsoft only on "Quick Monitor", that is, check only executables, plus its Boundary Defense, which scans downloads from browsers and etc) and had no compatibility issues. Now I am testing the CIS 6 with the AV and have uninstalled Avira's real-time monitor. In this instance when Comodo AV wasn't working and I was able to download the eicar test file with no prompt, I noticed that Kingsoft's Boundary Defense also didn't warn me, it wasn't working correctly (now after restart it is working again). Could this be a compatibility issue between the two programs?

Here is the link to this discussion in the Comodo Forum: https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/serious-problem-t89550.0.html

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Attached Files:

8. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

That only happens to be upon boot, but it will show in a few seconds.

9. Jaspion

Are you responding to my post? If you are, that was not upon boot.

10. KelvinW4

Yes, but similar problem yes?

11. Jaspion

I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean you have a similar problem that happens only upon boot and then gets solved? Is it that you have the green "secure" indication at boot even though the AV is disabled; and that after a few seconds it correctly shows that the AV is off? If that is not it then could you be clearer and describe what you are talking about?

12. KelvinW4

I was talking about the tray icon, sorry if I wasn't specific enough.

13. Jaspion

Ok, I think this is not even remotely the same issue. If you mean the tray icon is not present at the earliest stages of the boot up process, it's only because it hasn't still been loaded. What happened to me was that the space of the tray icon was there, occupied by the Comodo tray icon, but it was invisible (see screenshot). That didn't happen during the boot process. The computer had been booted many hours earlier, and was being used normally. I went away from it for awhile and when I came back the icon was invisible, ie the space it occupied was empty even though I could access its menus by right-clicking it. On top of that, the antivirus real-time protection was not working, and disabling/re-enabling it didn't solve the problem, nor showed the corresponding status in the main GUI (it stayed as it were, "Secure", even when I disabled the AV real-time, which, as I said, wasn't working even when enabled).

14. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yes,happened to me too.I installed only the FW along with Avast free.After a day of testing on my laptop,i decided to go back to my usual setup,for me CIS 6 has bugs and issues still to resolve.

15. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Personally, I wouldn't use Kingsoft AV with CIS 6. Nothing against Kingsoft AV but it your are using CIS 6 I think it would probably work better with less issues if you didn't mix and match security products with CIS 6. Use the AV that is in it with the other security modules like Defense + and the firewall etc...

Ice

16. Jaspion

You could let them know via a bug report, maybe on the same thread I started at their Forum. Might help improve the product.

Yes, but Kingsoft AV has been developed with other antiviruses in mind. It can be used alongside most antiviruses, except those based on the VIPRE engine (maybe Comodo 6 also?). I had been using it alongside Avira with no problems whatsoever. I will hang on to Kingsoft for a while longer, I'm still not convinced this is a compatibility issue. As JoeBlack40 said there, he had a similar bug without Comodo AV installed; although it could be a compatibility problem between any other antivirus and Comodo's BB or D+ modules.

17. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I have used Avast AV on/off for a long time and really do like it. However, like you stated the BB, D+ and/or sandboxing could interfere with other security products. I personally have a love/hate relationship with Comodo in general. I really do like their latest effort in CIS 6.

Ice

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I wonder if they are even working on the BETA reported bugs that haven't been fixed in the final version or they just thrashed and forgot about it. It's so annoying to use a product where you reported a pretty annoying bug and they never bothered to fix it for the final version and you'll never know when they'll fix it. If ever...

19. siketa

siketa Registered Member

There should be first update of v6 in January.
    Let's wait and see.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

They announced it? Good. I really hope they'll fix my reported glitch about trusted installers and that Program update won't be poping up every bloody day over entire screen. Definitions update silently but for program update check, always a full sized popup.

21. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yeap,very annoying.And no option to stop it.

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You can also easily make screenshots in Virual Kiosk. Thats not exactly a good design as malware can do the same as well...

23. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi
    how have you configured the gui to display the av and firewall etc.
    When i installed it only shows realtime protection is on and the last update.
    Thanks.

24. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

I have recently tested CIS6 and I dislike the changed interface of the program. The interface of CIS5 was much more tidy in my view. The main program window was split in easily identifiable segments, with each configuration option clearly defined with its own header.

I feel that the interface of CIS6 is a bit of a mess. It gives me the feeling that it aimed towards total n00bs who will just "fire and forget" without bothering to customize their configuration.

My greatest gripe: I miss the slider of CIS5 that allowed users to completely disable the sandbox. I couldn't find an option to fully disable the darn thing. As a result I kept getting constant prompts of supposedly "unrecognized" programs which were auto-sandboxed by default. I don't want to have to tick the "don't do this again" box every single time! If I need to sandbox programs, I want to decide myself when to do it instead of having those constant prompts popping up.

As a result I have now removed CIS6 and went back to good ol' CIS5, which is still the best free firewall IMO.

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You can disable this in Behavior Blocker settings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.