Comodo Internet Security 6.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Hi RejZor, if you dislike the way that Comodo takes care about its beta version then, why do you keep posting to say the same thing ? Even more simple, why do you keep on testing it ?

spywar.

2. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I'm using Comodo since v3 came out, also sending them many suspicious samples and translating the product to Croatian language.
    But I have to agree with my neighbour.
    I'm also disappointed and therefore decided to skip v6.0.
    Going with my new setup in the signature.

3. guest

guest Guest

This is why it's call beta, if they haven't release a new one it's because is not ready. Then you can complain all you want, but still is a beta.
    There are tons of security products that don't even offer an open beta, or the devs are not even in the forums and don't provide any detail about the updates, so just because they haven't release a new one in a couple of weeks is because they are working on it and there is no point to release a unfinished one and there is not reason to complain in the forums about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  4. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Completely agree with you ...

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Me too completely agree with guest. I really don't see any problem with the issues pointed out by RejZoR.

6. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I feel the frustration that RejZor has been complaining about. I've always had a love/hate relationship with Comodo, ever since the 2.4 days. I'm sure they are working on a fix for the issues encountered but a simple "we are working on it and it may take some time" would have alleviated a lot of questioning in my humble opinion. I am not encountering some of these issues that have been stated but then again I'm not testing it to the hilt either.

Ice

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

God, do you ppl even know how to read or understand!? It's not about the bugs in beta, its the absolute lack of:

a) any beta version at all, they removed the link 2 weeks ago without saying anything whatsoever

b) any sort of communication between testers and devs

No wonder they call me a troll if no one even bothers to read anything. They just tag you a troll by default. Nice...

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

A polymorphic troll is a wolf in sheep clothes :D

When you join you are supposed to be a fan. Every suggestion that does not start the applause machine is not appreciated. To comodo's benefit, without serious feedback, they manage to release better versions of their primary product CIS. Aigle nearly got banned for critism on the dll protection of CIS. Comodo has akward release policies, looking at the rise and fall of two excellent applications like time machine and programs manager. CIS is the only constant in their release schedule; it keeps improving even without positive criticism of their power users.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. Solarlynx

:thumb:

Lol I like it! Sometimes it's really true!

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah but if they haven't noticed (and they haven't), things tend to improve faster if you COMPLAIN about things that could be improved, are broken or bugged. if you keep on blindly defending it to be the best thing since the sliced bread even though it's a ~Offensive phrase removed~, then it's something wrong with the fans. Because there is a pretty clear line between clueless die hard fans and fans that actually care about program itself and they want to endorse others to use it through quality, not just through fancy words and calling others trolls.

I remember this transition that i made with avast! years ago (back when it was still v4.:cool:. I stopped defending it when this were clearly not alright. And from what i see quite a lot of long year users followed. Sure you still have to say encouraging words here and there when appropriate but you can't do that the entire time. But still, ppl at avast! don't hate me because of the negative comments. And this just shows how quickly Comodo die hard fans forget that like 1 month ago i was praising CIS v6 quite highly for the way how new sandbox works and how effective it is. And today, they are freely calling me a troll just because iw ant some answers. Makes one wonder what to think about the whole thing...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Kees, you forgot Dragon browser.
    It is very nice product and its quality raises by each new version.

13. IceCube1010

I remember way back when Comodo released v3 and I complained about the high cpu usage at the time. I remember them saying it was my computer that had the issue. I explained to them I have never seen this in any security product that I had used. It fell on deaf ears. It eventually turned out it was their software and they corrected it a few months later. They have a very powerful product on their hands and should listen to their users, at least sometimes.

just my .02cents
    Ice

14. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

What were the problems that caused beta 2 to be pulled? I'm still using it without any issue at all. I'm using the full suit on my windows 8 partition and just the firewall and defense plus on window 7.

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I tell you what it was. You know, TVL aka Trusted Vendors List is used so CIS doesn't show popups for known digitally signed apps. Well, BETA2 had this list completely empty out of the box. Signatures got added after you executed otherwise whitelisted app at least once but for that every first execution, you got auto sandbox popup. And that was annoying as hell. They pulled the beta soon after i've reported the issue and they haven't done anything about it in 2 weeks time...

16. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Thanks for the fast response :)

17. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

The ability to run without *Comodo's* Trusted Vendors List and be prompted to approve, for yourself, entries as they are encountered thereby generating your *own* Trusted Vendors List seems reasonable. Of course, many would prefer that someone tell them who to trust and by extension prefer to use a Comodo generated/updated list. It should be trivially easy to support both types of users.

Were they headed down that road and simply wanting to force some beta testers to exercise the first approach?

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That would work if CIS wasn't showing the initial sandboxing popup because of that...

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The people at comodo are probably getting fed up of people complaining that this and that doesnt work.
    You all need to remember that it is still a beta and will have issues.
    On the forum everyday people were crying out for comodo to release the beta and they have done probably too early.

Just wait until it goes final before judging the product and the company instead of constantly nagging them,im sure they are doing their best to correct things and persistent harrassment is not going to help anyone.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

The whole thing doesn't have anything to do with bugs or the fact that its a beta...

21. Solarlynx

You are quite right. It is very important to be fully understood. Unfortunately it is often don't happen. On the hand it is important to fully understand others. Unfortunately it is often don't happen as well.

22. IceCube1010

I'm not "nagging them", I just had one post related to some users wanting feedback from them.

To get back on topic, has anyone experienced this type of error playing BF3 and having the comodo sandboxed browser? Or am I the only 50 year old that plays computer games? :argh:

Ice

23. SLE

SLE Registered Member

Really? Look at this one and read the original topic at kernelmode.

So called security software that makes windows more vulnerable ;)

In comodo forum a mod tries to hold discussion down, asking for POC (but all clearly written at kernelmode, so no need...) etc. So this bug exists - since years ;) They seem to ignore it or they don't care about it?

Other vendors react and react faster (For example Tzuk: Sandboxie driver bug postet at kernelmode 13-12-2012, fixed by Tzuk: 16-12-2012)
    __

Beside that all it's stupid to discuss forum members and mods in other forums. So @RejZoR: If you are unhappy with the way they treat you and you think they don't care - do the same, ignore them.

24. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

25. guest

guest Guest

I would wait to the final version, in any case when this happens you can always pm egemen, he is more serious and he answers almost always, but I'm sure that he already knows about this bug.

I have just seen that is related (similar case and complains, different bug) with this https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-fails-against-a-script-t88594.0.html
    I pm him for curiosity (this was already discussed here) and this was the answer

The problem of discussing with the mods about this issues is that they know the same than us or less, but if it's posted in the forum the dev's will read it although they don't always answer.

The other problem is that comodo is a big company now with hundred of thousands of users and we can not have the same kind of direct communication with the dev team that we use to have when cis 2.4 or 3 when it was used by a few

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.