COMODO Internet Security 4.0.141842.828 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brocke, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

how come CIS4 lets limted users change settings? thought they would need admin rights?

also how well does CIS4 work with multi accounts one admin, rest limited?

2. scott1256ca

scott1256ca Registered Member

I installed this a couple of days ago and thought I would add a couple of observations.

1. It couldn't upgrade from CIS 3.1.3 (I think that was the number. I could have done one upgrade on v 3, so maybe I was at 3.13). Had to remove and do a fresh install
    2. The install caused a data execution prevention error.
    3. I don't like the idea that all outbound connections are allowed by default. I haven't tried to put in my old policy yet.
    4. First scan by CAV brought up a page of hits. All false positives. Most were files from my ralink wireless software which I got from the manufacturer. So it appears they still have the problem with lots of FP. At least 3 of the files flagged had been sent to Comodo as false positives under V3 and Comodo sent back email confirming they were false positives. So they have crept back in.
    5. I can't see what is running in the sandbox, or at least haven't found out how to yet. I know this was discussed already.

It would be hard for me to say they have reduced the number of popups since they have relaxed the firewall policy so much. I think I'll be looking to switch to other tools, but I'm in no real hurry.

3. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

3. - That's because you installed it with AV, I think that's Internet Security configuration.
    You can change that by switching to Proactive or Firewall configuration.
    Or you can delete that rule for allowing all apps outbound.

5. You can see it in My blocked files or My pending files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.