COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Watasha, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

See i agree that they are not earning any kind of money from CIS 4, but don't you think its not plain true?

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yeah i guess you are right :) , i wish they wouldnt have released it. i mean look at Avast every release gets tested by forum members before its released to the public. they are doing it now.

they could learn from it.

3. Toobys

Toobys Registered Member

Well, Melih is listening:

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackc...f-sandboxed-t52483.0.html;msg374869#msg374869

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackc...f-sandboxed-t52483.0.html;msg374880#msg374880

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackc...bulletproof-t52435.0.html;msg374860#msg374860

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackc...bulletproof-t52435.0.html;msg374867#msg374867

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackc...bulletproof-t52435.0.html;msg374879#msg374879

And I appreciate this kind of response from Melih. All the information, Not just what I posted, but what others have posted as well, Are being looked into. CIS v4 is running well... But as always, Issues like these need to addressed and I am sure in future releases the Comodo Sandbox will be strong, Comodo are brand spanking new babies to the area so the only thing going for them from now on, is moving forward with improvements and addressing these issues!

Tooby.

4. disPlay

disPlay Registered Member

+1 time is the essence

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yeah sounds like hes trying to do the right thing.

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

7. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

you can, set to proactive, and disable sandbox. should be just like v3 from what comodo forum is saying.

10. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

:argh: i know, give it time. rogues will be sandboxed hopefully. should have been not sure what when wrong there lol.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey broke how is the sandbox in comodo?

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

there are bugs in it. such as a rogue able to get though, they know about it and are looking into it now.

as far from that that everything thing ive tossed at it has been sandboxed or caught by the AV.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

14. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I am a user of Comodo and also a critic of them. It bothers me intensely that people will attempt to defend Comodo against some of its actions just because its free, the implication in their arguments is that they (Comodo) make no or little money and that they are the "Mother Theresa" of the free software community.

I say to those who think this way "grow up", Comodo knows what its doing and makes money. Who employs people to make a loss?

The issue is whether Comodo is professional? I think not. As a Chief Executive, Melih is a loose cannon. Compare the way that Tall Emu and others conduct themselves, release products and versions. It makes Comodo seem like a rogue company. Indeed in many ways it is, if you read round the fora at Comodos antics. BUT its free, and we all have a price to pay with our conscience. It shows how shallow we are when the free business model is thrust in our face.

I think Comodo & Melih could learn a lot if they put down the barrier of arrogance and listened.

Terry

15. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Thanks, I'registered in their forum and I've read the threads, but i was not sure;

Another thing: the " rogue problem " that I read also in their forum, is a security problem for all the program IMO, because it means that Comodo autoprotection in 4 doesn't work right. Is it ?

16. Hayki

Hayki Registered Member

The new version is wonderfull :) i love red..

17. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

just that the a rogue is able to bypass the sandbox. they have had people send in the files for testing and hope soon they will fix the issue.

i wont uninstalled CIS4 ill just wait.

18. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@TerryWood - on a serious note: I totally agree with your comments. Well written!

On a less serious note...
    AIG, perhaps, or General Motors?

19. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

The government too...but that topic is for a different forum.

20. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

on the Comodo forums the dev's have been about to reproduce the sandbox rouge bypass issue now and working on a update to fix the issue.

now sure when the release will be, hoping soon tho.

21. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I guess now they have learned a lot from this failure and now they'll going to take a very sensible step to produce a awesome product. No doubt on their capability...Soon we'll going to see a rigid security suite.

22. Toobys

Toobys Registered Member

I am glad Comodo has responded the way they have.

MisterMooth and my self, both reported Rogues bypassing CIS 4 and being able to cause REAL system malfunction - To the point where Reinstalling windows was a very valuable decision. Melih and Egemen, probably due to miscommunication or misunderstanding, which does happen - Thought these Rogues are simply "Throwing a GUI in your face and causing no harm to the system". Dropping files is normal at the moment with the automatic sandbox, because automatic virtualization is not enabled by default at the moment. So CIS Defense+ also plays here, making sure automatic sandboxed applications can't touch the protected files and registry keys. Other threats btw are Sandboxed well, Just these particular rogues aren't handled properly with the issues they can cause.

So finally, after submitting the Rogue to Melih, and Melih passing the Rogue on to CIS Developers and/or the CIS QA team, they are able to reproduce the issues the Rogue was causing on their PC and they had to use COMODO Time Machine to restore back. So Egemen, the lead developer of CIS, is now investigating this issue and a fix will be provided in the future. So well done for Comodo for listening to users and I can't wait for future releases with fixes/improvements in the Sandbox.

It's one thing for a Rogue throwing a GUI in your face and doing nothing that causes system malfunction (What Comodo thought first), It's another when the Rogue throws a GUI in your face, and ACTUALLY causes system issues (What Comodo have realized now with a certain Rogue or 2).

Tooby.

23. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

why wasnt automatic vitalization of the file and registry running? by default its set to tho.

24. Toobys

Toobys Registered Member

It is pretty strange. Egemen states "automatic virtualization" is not enabled by default, Maybe there is issues with it that Comodo know about.

Tooby.

25. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

the settings say enable but not automatic.

hmm im not sure how they decide when to use the vitalization then. should be automatic id think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.