COMODO Internet Security 4.0.135239.742 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Watasha, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

do you have the sandbox feature enable?

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

This looks great and inprovements are awesome , but time will tell.

3. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

Installers don't run in the sandbox and if you allow it after a D+ alert it will be installed. This is the weakness of most security apps, the user can choose to allow something and in the case of CIS once you approve an install you get no further alerts.

I guess this the price you pay for achieving a low level of pop-ups.

4. syk69

syk69 Registered Member

Oh I thought the whole point of auto sandboxing was virtualizing unknown programs and not letting them get installed in case you accidently allow even through defense +. I tried running the virus scan after and it didn't remove it either. I guess a user who accidently presses allow is FUBAR. Would be good if it sandboxed regardless and then once it was known to be trusted application to be removed out of sandbox.

5. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

The trouble is these fakes install just like an ordinary program and if you automatically sandboxed unknown installers you would not be able to install anything until it was on the Comodo whitelist I guess. Most of their files are not actually harmful, just annoying.

Maybe you found a new one as they are changing every day.

6. syk69

syk69 Registered Member

Yeah it was new. I know what you mean. But for example I know Kaspersky Internet Suite has an option to automatically block uknown programs or put them into untrusted group. Then all you have to do if you see that program is not malicious is move it to trusted. Would be nice if comodo's sandbox worked like that.

7. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

Well the Comodo Sandbox does pop-up to give you the option to not run a file in the sandbox next time, but if you allow a D+ alert it will not be sandboxed. I think you got the D+ alert because it was an installer, so allowing it would automatically allow it to run on your system instead of in the sandbox.

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Well I can honestly say I really like this piece of software now that it's working. :) I feel very secure, works seamlessly for me, even if it's not completely prompt free and stuff so that I can install it on novices' PCs. :doubt:

Can't wait till lots of mentioned stuff gets fixed and the software improves even more. :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yea i never like version 3 but 4 is really nice and quite, and the next update will be great.

10. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yes there is a known bug on fake AVs etc. they are going to release an update next week that fixs and takes care of it.

version 4.1 will have auto vitalization.

11. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

I included Live messenger on purpose to limit it's rights. There's really no way to allow keyboard access to sandboxed applications?

12. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

im not really sure, have you post this question on the comodo forums?

www.forum.comodo.com

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

to be honest i dont have an idea on how this new sandbox feature works:)

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

but it may be similar to that in sandboxie maybe:)

15. guest

guest Guest

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks for the link:thumb: the developer said he will add a bahabiour blocker;) cool indeed:)

17. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Basically: Unknown application=sandboxed and will be sent for analysis.
    SB communicates with other parts of the program and will sandbox any unknown program that is started.

18. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I have Revo Unistaller portable......everytime i try to run this program,CIS keep tellings me that is sandbox or so..........

19. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

Joe you should be able to answer the notification to not run in the sandbox next time you open the program.

Presumably as more users run programs they will be analysed and not put in the sandbox when found to be safe.

20. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

Something I did with the release version of 4.0 was to immediately change my Configuration from Internet Security to Proactive Security. By doing so, CIS 4.0 shoots me more of the Defense+ style popups I was used to seeing in previous versions of CIS.

My thought behind this was to allow me to authorize more of the running processes and program starts rather than to reply upon the Comodo database, at least until I get a better feel for how 4.0 will treat my computers. I also keep a close watch on "My Pending Files" in Defense+ as well as what might be set to run in the Sandbox. I'm still very pleased with this new release.

21. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

My thoughts exactly. :thumb:

22. guest

guest Guest

23. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

What is the issues with games? is it the fact they arnt a trust App? and they are sandboxed and fail to run right?

if you tell the sandbox not to run the game in the sandbox does the games then run right?

24. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

I've never had an issue with games while using CIS 4. Never had a sandbox notification pop up for any game.

Could it be an issue with Steam?

25. guest

guest Guest

Just in case add steam as a trusted vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.