COMODO Internet Security 3.9.76924.507 Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 3xist, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am running it with prevx3 without any problems;)

2. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Tried a gameguard protected game with it?

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Likewise,smooth as silk here.:thumb:

4. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi guys.

2 Emergency builds were updated past 2 days.

Thursday 14th build: Addresses AV Update issues ( build 508 )
    Friday 15th build: Addresses BSOD issues, and system lock up issues ( 509 )

If your having any of these, please auto update via updater in CIS, you do NOT need to reinstall.

So the latest version you should be running is: 3.9.95478.509

Cheers,
    Josh

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

On its website we continue to download build 507...
    Shouldn't this be corrected?

6. 3xist

3xist Guest

That should be fixed next week. But as I said, build 507 users automatically get these updates.

Cheers,
    Josh

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well this version is really working well.......yes the first update takes time...but it updates properly...
    no issues with too-many pop-ups............this version looks good to work as full time security suite.......

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Don't mean to nag, but I really need answer to what I posted previously... :oops:

"Thanks, Josh. So, does Smart Mode apply to all "asking thingies" :)P) incl. D+? Does the user ever have to answer any prompts from the AV not related to heuristical detection?

Speaking of heuristics... what about the FPs even on low heuristic settings that I've mentioned in the other topic? If I remember correctly there were even multiple in the low setting... :doubt:

9. eXPerience

eXPerience Registered Member

Dear Raven211,

I'll try to answer the questions in Josh's place.

We already had a "No pop-up" mode in previous versions. Please set your security levels to : FW : safe mode D+ : cleanpc mode
    Then go to Miscellaneous --> settings --> set password, surpress all pop-ups.

This will make sure you will not have any pop-ups while still maintaining maximum security. Just a small note : new executables you introduce to your pc will be blocked, you will have to enter the password and then allow it.

There have been some FP's reported now just when the 3.9 version has been released. They're working on it at the moment, and you will see them gone within 2 days. If you want to, you can always disable the heuristics.

yours sincerely,
    eXPerience

10. raven211

Thx a lot for the answer, eXPerience. ;)

The rest is meant to be taken care of by the AV, right? That's, I don't change any monitoring settings for D+ (or the FW(?)) even if setting with password protection enabled?

I'll disable the heuristics to begin with, but would that mean I won't experience FPs even when set to highest soon?

11. eXPerience

Dear Raven211,

You should always be aware of FP's, but indeed, you shouldn't see so much FP's anymore in the near future. I would friendly like to ask you to report any FP you might encounter.

Thank you in advance,
    eXPerience

12. raven211

I'll try to do that - thank you...

Is there a button to directly send it incl. in the program?

EDIT: The following FPs (see attached image...) made me uninstall the software:

Only one was heuristically detected and the rest were still FPs.

Attached Files:

• FPs.PNG
      FPs.PNG
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  13. eXPerience

Could you please send me those files (over pm or so) so I can send them to the developers ? I told you there are still some FP's in the program now (new version...) so I hope you might want to try it again later ?

Thanks in advance,
    eXPerience

14. raven211

Maybe, but as I said, only one was classified as heuristically detected. I'll send you those files...

Sadly I can't send the file which actually said heuristics, cause I don't know if it's illegal or not. :( :oops:

15. eXPerience

You can always send it to sites like www.virustotal.com to make sure that it's not a virus. The file will also be send to the developers.

Thanks for everything ;)

16. raven211

I knew these files were perfectly clean, but some companies (incl. you, sorry :D :p) that tend to produce FPs - not meaning THAT incl. you - actually did detect the files of the archive I sent as suspicious. Trend even produced a lousy packer-FP - wow... :blink:

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  17. Dch48

Dch48 Registered Member

I just read that sandboxing is proposed to be included in CIS 4. I for one am not thrilled about this. In my opinion, sandboxing is paranoia and not needed. If it does get included in CIS, I hope there will be the option to opt out completely or better yet not even install it.

18. eXPerience

There will be a lot of features included in the V4. I'm not sure if sandboxing is one of them, but I'm pretty sure you will be able to disable it ;), you will see the V4 around the end of the year at earliest I'm afraid. Untill then there will be a lot of other releases.

19. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Is the planned time machine the sandbox functionality? Guessing from the name (time machine) I would be thinking of a steady state kind of functionality. You can say what you want from from Melih c.s. , they are a bit weird and humorist, but it looks like the want to produce the ultimate swiss army knife security suite.

The analogy sort of justifies the comodo bunch, swiss have stayed out of war for a long time :D

20. 3xist

3xist Guest

Sandboxing, I am sorry if I posted misleading information, Might be in v4. I am not sure yet. I will double check that.

Time Machine is like Apple's Time Machine - But this one for Windows.

Cheers,
    Josh

21. andyman35

The Comodo sandbox certainly isn't a new concept,it was being developed at least 2 years ago then was put on the back-burner.It wouldn't surprise me at all to see it appear in v4.The BB on the other hand is a much more recent development.

22. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

When some of you say sandboxing, you in fact mean In CIS → DS integration... here?
    Disk shield similar to: shadow defender, deep freeze, returnil etc.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  23. andyman35

I'm not referring to DS personally,I think that Diskshield is what's evolving into Time-Machine.The sandbox has always been a separate development.

24. eXPerience

Could you please redirect me to any Comodo sandbox, AFAIK it never existed before.

CTM is indeed the better/newer version of Diskshield.

Thank you

25. andyman35

Unfortunately there was never any public beta release of the sandbox,just internal test builds.I remember Melih mentioning that development was placed on hold for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.