COMODO Internet Security 3.5 BETA Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by doktornotor, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Hello IceCube, What happens if you put the Defrag program into the exclusion list?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

You know the drill. Discuss the nominal thread topic in a civil fashion, not secondary issues. Failing that, this thread will be closed.

Blue

3. 3xist

3xist Guest

CIS will continue to improve guys. Remember, It's only a new product, Over the months, Many improvements will be noticeable. So let the "baby" take it's first steps...

• Usability
    • Detection

All will be dramatically improved.

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hey Kyle1420

The exclusion list did not work for my defrag program. I tried it with Smart Defrag and UltimateDefrag. It didn't seem to make a difference. I tried stopping/starting the defrag, rebooting etc.... after the exclusion was in place but it's still a no go.

Ice

5. Kyle1420

Ok well the developers are aware of this, Hopefully in the next version they will release a fix. I'll post back here when they do

6. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I tried it for a few days and was very pleasantly surprised how good the total package was.
    I have used Comodo FW on and off since early V2 and this is a dream by comparison!
    As everyone has said - very light and not many pop-ups (in my case.)
    The only worry is the AV component, which is the weakest part of the product.
    I currently have paid Avira & paid Online Armor:- subs. for both run out in May next year. By then I would hope the AV component in Comodo CIS is more functional than it is now.
    If reports suggest this IS so, I will have no hesitation in using Comodo CIS as my main protection.
    In the meantime I will keep an eye on it and test it on my PC from time to time.
    Good work, so far, I think.

7. xan K

xan K Registered Member

maybe a dumb question, but is there really a v3.5 Firewall planned for release?

8. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hello. :)

CIS is the v3.5 Release. Firewall & AV is in CIS, You can have either Firewall, CAV or CIS.

I don't know about the "other" stand a lone firewall though... time will tell. But this is a 3.5 Release.

Josh

9. xan K

xan K Registered Member

thank you. yeah, I was actually referring to the "standalone" firewall. :)

10. 3xist

3xist Guest

I know...

It's a mystery. At some point, the Comodo Antivirus/Spyware board will be gone as soon as enough users move from CAV 2 to CIS (Current CAV 2 users), Since CIS Already has stand a lone CAV 3 on installation - But so does the Firewall - Last time I heard from Melih was the Firewall will still be available as it is today, and still be maintained.

Hopefully when CIS Final is out - the stand a lone Firewall will be updated as well with all the fixes included in CIS, But I am not too sure.

11. EricEgan

EricEgan Registered Member

What will happen in the near future is this....

CIS will be publicly released.

When installing CIS you have the option to either, go with the Stand Alone Firewall or either goe with the stand alone antivirus or go with both (Both being CIS). Further down the line the developent will integrate several other Comodo security products of which you will have the option whether or not you want to include them in the installation.

You will also be able to upgrade the product adding components as they are released.

I suspect there will still be the stand alone version released but you would probably have to do a fresh installation if you decided at a later date to go the CIS route.

(not posted in her for nearly 6 months but had to put something on this)

E

12. 3xist

3xist Guest

CIS 3.5 Beta 3 is out.

No change log, Just many small fixes...

Josh

13. Kyle1420

RC 2 is out.

14. gery

gery Registered Member

firewall doesn't want to install on my laptop and i don't know what to do to install it

15. Kyle1420

Please make a topic on www.forums.comodo.com so we can better help you and not spam this thread.

16. Kyle1420

RC 2 has been released, about a week ago.. lol.

17. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I'm testing it now and it is running great. The defrag issue is still there but it's not quite as bad as before when the cmdagent was using alot of the cpu on a defrag. Overall it's getting better on each release. Comodo and it's user base should pat themselves on the back. The product is getting better.

Ice

18. Kyle1420

thank you for the kind review

19. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

CIS is great if u disable its useless AV :)
    i compare cis/cfp to online armor , i can testify that comodo much lighter !
    CIS is great <free> FW! , its got his rank on the market and i also read i think in here they improve the FW in the CIS RC2?? anyone can aprove it?

cheers

20. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Hi, is there an ETA for the final release of CIS?

Thanks

21. Kyle1420

Hi, It's all very much in the air. It will be released as soon as possible! This is my own personal guess - About 2 weeks or so, Don't hold me to it. I am saying this because comodo Has been releasing a new beta\ RC about every week or so.. and there arent many bugs left (I personally Have only encounted a memory leak *It was fixed in the next update 3 days later* and a few gui bugs that have been fixed)

Yes! It's alot lighter, Check out the memory usage :) around 3mb with all 3 components :)

Yes I can understand that some of you arent comfortable with the antivirus part, That's ok - everybody should know it's far from finished. The thing is that it has a great team behind it, and alot of people submitting malware keep them comming guys! :)
    "2gb of malware submitted by users in 24 hours"
    http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t27987.0.html

A good option in CIS is the ability to uninstall\modify\upgrade modules during installation and once it's installed (provided that you keep the installer program somewhere) So you can mix and match the components together for what suits your needs currently the modules are - Firewall, Defense+, CAVS3.

22. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

Kyle, I take it you can but to be sure, will you be able to export present CFP settings and import them to CIS?

Also, what's the best way to go about "upgrading" to CIS?

23. Kyle1420

Yes you can import your old configurations,
    Best way would probably be to Export your profile somewhere, uninstall CFP3, install CIS + import profile.

Hope tihs is what your looking for :)

24. Kyle1420

25. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

does COMODO Internet Security 3.5.53896.424 got any firewall or D+ improvement?

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.