Comodo Internet Security 10 Beta Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by khanyash, Jul 15, 2016.

1. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

new beta running smoothly on my system, and I like the new unblock applications tool

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Are there screenshots of the new UI?

3. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

here is a review with screenshots and also comic relief. more than you asked for, but...

https://youtu.be/1YE7SOTbYVg
    https://youtu.be/nMyB-TwX4e8

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks. CIS 10 certainly is comprehensive. It will be interesting to see how it performs :thumb:

5. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Wow!! that looks like kaspersky....looks cool

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

The GUI on this is pretty nice. I am using the included Arcadia theme, which I like a bit more than the default Lycia theme.

I love that there is a Basic & Advanced view toggle, which should satisfy both novices and experts alike.

7. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I made a rule to run firefox sandboxed, and now firefox appears permanently in the list of "blocked applications".
    that's kind of misleading.

8. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

It seems anything running sandboxed or blocked appears in the list of blocked applications...Guess by design coz "Unblock Applications" is the place to unblock/unsandbox apps.
    May be they can have tabs like blocked apps & sandboxed apps in unblock apps list.

9. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I am happy to see that with this version, after I mark a file as trusted, it stays that way. With COMODO 8, if I manually trusted a file, it would drift back into the unrecognized category. So far so good with COMODO 10.

10. Infected

Infected Registered Member

I've been running the beta, I tell you, the unblock option is terrific. I have certain bat files for games that I can easily unblock. So far, so good.

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Comodo products have frustrated me for 10 years, with their annoying popups, false positives, etc.. But I have to say this is probably their best product that I have tried in a long time. Great GUI, low resource usage, and less popups (for safe programs) than Comodo products are known for.

12. guest

guest Guest

Let see after the grace period, in 1-2 months, usually at that time the disappointments returns :D

I'm still waiting for the fix to the rules disappearances.

13. avman1995

I hope CIS continues to bring good showing from now :)

14. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

a system image restore is the cure for the rules disappearances

15. guest

guest Guest

Basically you are saying , if i buy a car (use CIS) which is known since years to have occasional unfixed faulty breaks dysfunctions (disappearing rules), then if because of that i crash on a wall ( get infected) and manage to survive (get rid of the infection), i should buy and keep using the same car everytime (restore a backup)?

Seriously?! /facepalm

Btw, you have a simpler method: import previously exported cfg file.

The point is that a user shouldn't have to find any workaround for a bug , but the dev to fix it...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  16. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

I was informed that not all settings are stored in the cfg file, so if COMODO forgets my rules (which doesn't happen very often), I prefer to do a system restore.
    However, I am not worried about crashing into a wall when it forgets my rules, because it simply reverts to the default rules, which are pretty safe, at least by my standards. The worst that will happen to me is firefox won't be sandboxed, and I will probably notice that anyway, because no green border.

Of course, the devs should be called on the carpet for not fixing this bug. That's for sure.

17. avman1995

CIS is still a great program apart from just the AV being weak and bugs not being fixed because of the ignorance from their team and the hype made up by the fan base I still think they need to implement what they say they will.They have already thrown out alot of ideas like DACS,Valkyrie in CIS And the cloud uploaded being buggy.Just my 2cents.This product needs some attention right now.Its being bashed too much and pretty under rated for its potential.

Thanks,
    TI

18. guest

guest Guest

Comodo is always been a mediocre AV, no matter the name of the creature, DACS, valkyrie, etc...
    The firewall is like all the others
    The sandbox more or less like the sandbox of all the other AVs maybe more configurable
    The hips is good but who the hell want a popup generator?

I hope the their cloud av / valkyrie will do a good job because right now they are out of the business, completely

19. avman1995

Agreed..its good that HIPS no more comes turned on by default in CIS.I like this user friendly change.

20. guest

guest Guest

Indeed, problem with CIS is that they decide to add useless features (often requested by "enthusiast" CIS' users) rather than fixing years-old bug...

21. clocks

clocks Registered Member

What I don't understand is if you install CIS, then sandbox is on, and HIPS is off. If you install the firewall, sandbox is off, but HIPS is on.

22. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I believe Comodo is probably the most powerful HIPS on the market, but I just can't forget about the bad experiences that I had with older versions. Too bad, because I do believe it's more robust than SpyShelter.

23. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

strangely enough, the new version of SpyShelter didn't work right on my system, but Comodo 10 is doing good.

24. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I'm guessing you use Win 10? But yes, it's weird because SS is known for its stability.

25. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

yes, windows 10.
    One thing I like about SpS is that you get HIPS alerts for suspicious activity.
    That's what I don't understand about COMODO HIPS. If the file is classified as trusted, and doesn't trigger autosandbox, then it won't trigger HIPS alerts, either. So what did the HIPS help you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.