COMODO inbound protection, good?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tepe2, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Theres always talk about leaktest leaktest leaktest... But how good is the inbound protection?

I believe WinXP-FW has good inbound protection, right? How about COMODO, better or worse? Any FW considered a lot better than XP-FW when it comes to inbound protection?

A new version of COMODO soon?

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Comodo has great inbound and outbound protection. Only firewall I feel safe using. I can go weeks having no high severity alerts. :D

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Cheers members. :thumb:

Windows firewall is very good but it doesn't give you much control (well, it does, but it's not easily achieved) - it is very 'user friendly'. Comodo's inbound is very good. I didn't play with it much, but I remember it gives you control over filtering as far as down to the TCP flag-level. I would also like to see pseudo-stateful UDP and support for IPv6 in the next (stable) version. I am just sorry to hear they are integrating some sort of advanced HIPS, as I would like to see them concentrate their efforts on packet filtering. I believe by the end of this month we will have more definite informations on the release of v3. ;)

4. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks to both of you.

I have read good things about COMODO. If it is only a month or two until the release of v3, I wait and see what you experienced users have to say about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.