COMODO inbound protection, good?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tepe2, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Theres always talk about leaktest leaktest leaktest... But how good is the inbound protection?

I believe WinXP-FW has good inbound protection, right? How about COMODO, better or worse? Any FW considered a lot better than XP-FW when it comes to inbound protection?

A new version of COMODO soon?

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Comodo has great inbound and outbound protection. Only firewall I feel safe using. I can go weeks having no high severity alerts. :D

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Cheers members. :thumb:

Windows firewall is very good but it doesn't give you much control (well, it does, but it's not easily achieved) - it is very 'user friendly'. Comodo's inbound is very good. I didn't play with it much, but I remember it gives you control over filtering as far as down to the TCP flag-level. I would also like to see pseudo-stateful UDP and support for IPv6 in the next (stable) version. I am just sorry to hear they are integrating some sort of advanced HIPS, as I would like to see them concentrate their efforts on packet filtering. I believe by the end of this month we will have more definite informations on the release of v3. ;)

4. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks to both of you.

I have read good things about COMODO. If it is only a month or two until the release of v3, I wait and see what you experienced users have to say about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.