Comodo firewall question: "DNS/RPC Client Access"

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JavaBenjamin, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaBenjamin

JavaBenjamin Registered Member

I am using comodo firewall with windows xp. I have two programs (no-ip client and a client program of namecheap domain provider) that report my dynamic IP back to the domain company. In the "Defense+Events", both of these program have the "DNS/RPC Client Access" in Flags, and "\RPC Control\DNSResolver" in Target. How do I solve this? There is also "Access Memory" in Flag for the no-ip client, with "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in Target

Thanks!:D

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You can as well uninstall them if you want to disallow this functionality for those, because they'll cease working properly.

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Open the Process Access Rights for the apps in question and set DNS Client Service to Allow. You can allow memory access to ctfmon if you like (in the Interprocess Memory Access allow list) but it's might not even be necessary if the program is working OK.

2010-04-08_083016.png

4. JavaBenjamin

I open "computer security policy", edit the program in "all applications", choose "a custom policy", click "access right", and then have all the "ask" and "allow" the same as your pic, but still don't work....when the program tries to check IP, the "DNS/RPC Client Access" and "Memory Access" still come out in "Defense+events"

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I didn't mean to put everything as in the picture above (that's from another program), just to set DNS to allow. Shouldn't matter, I guess. Maybe you should just delete the programs from the app list and run them again while in Safe Mode or, even better, Learning mode.

6. JavaBenjamin

I just find out your logo is comodo firewall lol:D Normally I use the "safe mode" in defense. Even I turn to "learn mode", some programs like the two I mentioned would still have those blocked message, so I have no idea how to unblock that. In my another computer which is a IBM laptop, comodo would block a lot of actions of IBM preinstall programs even after I click all "allow" popup. It is like comodo is too safe that it would block anything but it has too many options to do too many things but no idea or even manual how to unblock things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.