Comodo Firewall Pro V3 Beta 3 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Coolio10, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I think think end of october.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Knowing Comodo, the release will be postponed at least 3 times followed by an hour to hour watch, followed by a forum post saying V3 is out. Then 4 million people will try to download it at once.:D

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Sounds about right :p

4. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

Thanks, Coolio10. I'll get up the nerve to try it one of these days... maybe. I don't have time anymore for messing about with bugs and all that, so I may just wait for the final release. (However, I may just give it a peek!! ;))

//

5. SamSpade

They must like all the attention they get! :D

//

6. ChicknDip

ChicknDip Registered Member

Because it's so leightweight, and accompanied with Kerio 2.1.5, keeps your system ultra-secure, fast as lightning, very oversightable, and no single bug or BSOD detected in nearly a year. Something Comodo won't ever be able to accomplish IMHO.

I've tried going without Prosecurity/Kerio in favor of (once another version of) Comodo a few times, and my dreams always rather fastly changed into a slow, unstable nightmare....... Well, NEVER AGAIN !

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Choosing your own layers is always good. But moving to Kerio 2.1.5 from Comodo i'd miss UDP connection tracking.. i mean, disable ABA and Comodo is still better imo. imho of course.

8. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Wow, what did comodo do to you. Just because you do not like it does not mean you should brag your problems with it. It's still in beta. Ofcourse there will be bugs.

9. SamSpade

I've consistently had stability problems with Comodo products -- first the firewall (2.4 and previous) and now with BOClean, latest build. They still have some serious bugs to iron out. I hate BSODs. My system is not too exotic, it's basically an IBM T60p laptop, with eset NOD32.

//

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I don't understand why you're having stability problems with CPF and BOC. My system is pretty standard, and I barely know they are there. Perhaps you have an underlying problem.

11. SamSpade

I don't know what underlying problem might be. All I know is that whenever I install Comodo PF (in it's 2.x iteration) or recently, BOClean, I get BSOD. I should analyze the security log (Dr. Watson?) or something like that and find out what exactly instigated the failure. But it seems whenever I've used Comodo this has happened on this laptop. I should say that I use CPF 2.4 + Comodo BOClean on my son's machine (a desktop), without any problems; no BSOD. And that machine also runs NOD32 (and even Spy Sweeper :eek: ). So, maybe it's a conflict with some of the pre-loaded Thinkpad stuff (half of which I've already disabled or downright uninstalled).

//

12. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Maybe something like this could help you identify possible conflicts, provided it doesn't give you BSOD's itself! All i can say is it's stable here (then again, so is CFP).

13. SamSpade

I'll give it a look when I get back home; I'm on the road at the moment. Anyway, I completely uninstalled BOClean, even did a registry clean-up, and I got the BSOD/auto reboot again, so it looks like BOClean is not the culprit on this occassion; still have to do more checking. Thanks for the heads up!!

//

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.