Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0 (Final) Released Today

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Adric, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

alls smooth now:D running KAV and Comodo firewall, no slow downs

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

How is NOD32 V3 and CFP 3 getting along? Anyone running both?

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I like Comodo 2.4 better. 3.0 has too many pop ups. It looks to me like it would never be fully trained, there would always be some combination that had not been tried yet. To a certain extent 2.4 has this attribute, but it is an order of magnitude less bothersome.

From my point of view, with defense+ on, 3.0 will only work for the most dedicated and paranoid. Ordinary humans need not bother.

4. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

how about leaktest ? did CPF 3 passed ?

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

With this and all else, it may seem to be getting a little bit "bloated", but let's give it a couple weeks to "mature"...

6. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Man you're everywhere 19monty64. LOL. I was wondering how close in protection it would be between using just Comodo Pro 3 verses using ThreatFire with Zone Alarm Pro? Please don't crucify me for asking this in this thread. LOL. However if you love Comodo, (and I at least like it a lot) then convince me why I should use version 3 over TF and Zone Alarm Pro? Thanks. Hey 19monty64. See ya in the "other malware forum" LOL.

7. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

That does not make any sense. I don't get popups.

8. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I downloaded the Comodo exe off the website in case I'm convinced to use it over TF and ZAAS. However right before it was done completely downloading my PC froze for a second or two. After that then, with the exe on my DeskTop I tried right clicking it to check the Properties just to make sure I had the right version, ( Windows XP 32 bit) and my PC froze again for a few seconds. Then when I went to put the exe in the Recycle Bin ( thinking i had a bad DL ) it wouldn't move right away and once again my PC froze. After that, once in the Recycle Bin it then took a few seconds before I could delete it. I also DL a ZAAS exe later and no such incident. Why did this happen?

9. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Hello,
    It looks as though Defense+ isn't all it's cooked up to be. Some rules are simply not remembered. As far as HIPS capability goes, Defense+ is not as fully configurable as SSM. I think it would be a combination of the FW and SSM that would provide a little more in terms of options.

10. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

comodo is running great for me also running about 11.4 mb i am using basic firewall i was not two crazy about the hips and i am not gotting a lot of pop ups at all compare to 2.4 it seems to remember your answer a lot better and as far as installing new version it will uninstall 2.4 reboot then you install 3.0 i did clean registery before installing new version i am very happy with new version i think comodo did a great job i am using new version with also new version of nod and counterspy and boclean and admuncher and rogue remover and everything is getting along great :cool: :thumb:

11. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Hi Wordward-what another move:D

Probably completely unrelated to Comodo,such as an app or process running

in the background-updater antivirus etc.

12. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

so is there any conflict with Avast and Comodo?

as avast has ids and comodo as well?

13. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I have just installed it alongside avast!, so far nothing catastrophic, but it will take a little time to be sure.
    This is on an XP machine btw

One thing that does worry me though is that there were issues with the last version due to it's protection of it's own registry keys, with FD-ISR, am wondering how it will behave now it's protecting a whole raft of keys

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  14. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

They work, they are like boyfriend and girlfriend - inseperable! No need for Threat fire either

15. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

I uninstalled the Webroot firewall and got this one. While webroot was good, I actually like the built in HIPS better in Comodo. The webroot one was really only a process blocker, but this is more advanced, but not as bad as SSM (good, but too advanced and noisy for my use and level of paranoia).

No problems so far, and the GUI is much better than webroot's.

edit: I forgot that webroot had options for different permissions for each process, so it wasn't just a process blocker.

16. DickDiver

DickDiver Registered Member

Thanks for testing that.

17. OHM

OHM Guest

I don't think this paticular version of COMODO is suitable for novices.
    I'll just stay with the windows firewall.

18. MaikuB

MaikuB Registered Member

So far so good. Best of all, i don't get prompts about my the crytographic signature of my game executables being changed which happens frequently due to patches for my online games like Guild Wars. I don't think there was an option to disable those prompts for 2.4 and i didn't need to change any settings for 3.0.

19. DickDiver

sorry

but I still dont know how to specify those rules derived from the popups.

Eg, I got a clean install of comodo and at the point my windows spool server wants to connect to my printer the warning popup comes up.
    Now the user has the options to allow generally, to deny etc. and that comodo remembers that answer thus applying it as rule.

What I did was - cause not knowing better - to say ok, please remember and allow spoolserver to connect to IP xyz , my printer.

But on checking this rule in the network policies I recognize that the rule is now a general outgoing rule. It is not bound to my printers IP!!!

That is totally anoying. How come? What can I do easily to change that behaviour? Is it initiable from the warning pop up? Is there a hidden setting I dont know?

20. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Could not be smoother. Running XP Pro on Dell notebook with NOD32 V3 and Comodo 3.

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

You can create your own rule before you get the pop-up ;)

Seriously, you'll have to change the rule to your liking once it is created.
    Network Security Policy -> Edit ->Edit

Al

22. DickDiver

That is quite uneasy. Imagine you want your email programme only to connect to your email server/provider. Let's assume hotmail and yahoo. then I had to look up those IP adr. and to enter the rule my self so that it is corresponding.
    Lots of work :(

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Way Cool! :D

24. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

DickDiver :
    You have to set the alert level up. Check in fw-advanced-'one of the two last options' (i'm not looking at it right now)
    If you missed this, i highly recommend you to regard Defense+ as a execution blocker only, and forget about it, so you can learn the firewall. Navigate the Firewall tab, look at the options, read the help.

25. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

No need for TF with CFP v.3 ? due to ?

Overkill or

Report at Comodo's forum re conflict between TF and CFP ?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.