COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pedro, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

Re: HELP->COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

aha this is why my pc wouldn't boot in safe mode before. Comodo :mad:

2. sturgisrun

sturgisrun Registered Member

arran:
    Did you fix it o_O
    If so Howo_O?

Terry

3. sturgisrun

I just had another idea-

Can anyone tell me how I get Comodo to give me permission to open these files that it wil not let me into (i.e. SafeMode,etc).

If I can get into these I could configure the program or UnInstal lit.

Please help me if you can.

Terry

4. sturgisrun

--> Or <--
    How I can get into 'System Restore' o_Oo_O?

Terry

5. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

You need to do that complete uninstall link I sent you from the Comodo forums. I have never heard about anyone not being able to get into safe mode. You can try reinstalling Comodo then uninstalling it.

6. arran

arran Registered Member

no I'm sorry I cauldn't fix it, the reason why I cauldn't fix it was because I cauldn't start it in normal mode either, and the reason why I cauldn't start my pc in normal mode was because at the same time I was trying out Comodo I was also trying out "Defense wall Plus" which was making my pc continuesly reset it self, hence going around in circles restarting.

I don't know why "defense wall plus" did that.

So any way the only option I had left was to reformat.

7. sturgisrun

Dieselman:
    I am unable to use that link since:
    #1-> I cannot get into System Restore to set a "Restore Point''.
    #2-> I do not know which Processes I can stop in Task Mgr.

However-
    Thanx for your suggestion to try re-Installing Comodo & then trying to un-Install it using it's Uninstall mode - or - trying it thru Add/Remove in Control Panel. Since my only other option seems to be ReFormat&reinstall XP Pro- I don't think I have mush to lose by trying it. I had not thought of that -> THANK YOU for the idea.

I also have never heard of anyone being unable to get to SafeMode- but I cannot & I am sure I have tried it correctly(both holding & then tapping F8 while booting up) I have tried both at least 5 times each.

In any event thanx for your replies & ideas & help !!!!!

8. sturgisrun

arran:
    Thanx for your reply & info.

I am going to try reinstallint & then try Uninstalling Comodo ( see my above post).

If that does not work & guess I will have to do the Format/install

9. sturgisrun

arran:
    Thanx for your reply & info.

I am going to try reinstalling & then try Uninstalling Comodo ( see my above post). Dieselman suggested that & it soundslike the best last shot befor formatting the HD.

If that does not work & guess I will have to do the Format/install.

Thanx again . . .

10. Dieselman

You do not have to format. That is a last resort. Manually delete all entries of Comodo like it says in there forums. Minus the system restore. You need to follow that step by step. Melih will even tell you that.

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Can you get here:C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe, I once tried to uninstall a program, and it didn't go well. I couldn't go any farther than the desk top nothing from the start menu. I have on the desktop a shortcut for My Computer, so I went looking for the restore .exe and dragged it to my desktop as I couldn't go to start/Help and Support.

12. sturgisrun

Dieselman:
    I have tried mnually deleting all Comodo files- got all that showed in search EXCEPT one of them (the Program folder).

When I try to delete that one it says "access denied to cmdagent.exe''.
    I have found this in Task Mgr. & tried to end it- but again "access denied".

13. sturgisrun

Carver:
    Thanx for the idea- found that file- put it on Desktop- but I still get "access denied" when I click it.

14. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

I had that problem once. what you have to do is: use a program like autoruns to remove the autostart entry of cmdagent.exe. After that you reboot, and then you will be able to remove it :ninja:

To verify that, you may check all running processes using task manager, and you may realize that cmdagent.exe is still running in the background each time you start your PC. Therefore you can not delete it ....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  15. Dieselman

Go to the Comodo forums. Do not reformat. You do not have to. Ask Melih for help.

16. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Maybe so but this what I miss in the current version of comodo ! I doesn't ask me enough.. I mean in version 2 you could say allow - ask - block to every app that wanted to connect to internet. Now it doesn't ask me whether a certain app is allowed to connect: when it's trusted it can do whatever it feels like. I am not even able to find back the module which controls all this let alone change the rule.... that's why backed down on Comodo and choose OA Free. If anybody wants to show me were I can change EVERY app's rule : feel free (a picture says more than a thousand words)!:D

17. arran

arran Registered Member

All comodo is really good for atm is preventing software allready on your pc from accessing the internet ie "passing leak tests"

this new Comodo 3 version all it is, is it is just a Marketing spin to try and keep up with other products on the internet.

sure it has a better hips protection thats only if you can work how to configure it properly, but there is lots of other user friendly hips software on the net which is way easier to use with a lot less pop ups and alerts.

So I fail to see any point from upgrading on ours pcs from 2.4 to the 3.0 versions ?

18. Dieselman

The reason for this is that Comodo has very large whitelist. This happens with OA also and Zone Alarm. Firewall companies are increasing there whitelist to make firewall installs easy for users.

19. tlu

tlu Guest

Which are o_O
    In my experience, CFP is much easier to use and produces considerably fewer popups (when used in clean mode as recommended) than other HIPS I've tried, like ProcessGuard, SSM, Reg-/Appdefend. If you're getting a lot of popups you must be doing something wrong.

20. the insider

the insider Registered Member

OK but what if I feel the need to have the ultimate "yes" or "no" say in all this? Is there a possibility to do so ?

21. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

CFP asks you during installation whether you want to automatically allow trusted applications to access the Internet or not (that was at least up to version 3.0.16, not sure how about 3.0.17). And if I remember right, you could also change that later in the general firewall settings menu.

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Kepp FW security level at custom policy mode.

To edit, go to FireWall> Advaned> Network security policy.

See example of Opera!

Attached Files:

23. arran

arran Registered Member

like Safe n sec which I am using, it only has about 1 popup when you install something. where as comodo would have about 20 popups when you install or uninstall other software. and safe n sec is so much easier to configure than comodo.

also Anti-Executable is much easier as well.

24. Whitey

Whitey Registered Member

Hello everyone!
    Could u tell me please the "right" rules for Skype..
    I think that's not good to give him all promissions for all incoming and outgoing..

25. Dieselman

Very true. There are several issues with Comodo and installing something. Head on over to there forums. I could not install me 7 Windows XP updates without literally baby sitting Comodo. I had to keep clicking allow,allow even after click into install mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.