COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pedro, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

This is not a warning at all but a constatation and an opinion. If people are scared because of what I wrote, that's not my goal and my problem.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

lol, u are behaving like an angry kid!

3. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

:D A 34 years old kid. English isn't my native language so that's why I may sound weird. À la prochaine.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Without a link how do we know that the bug report isn't for 2.4 instead of 3.0. I doubt they comodo tech support will help someone who wont even discuss the bug report and just because you are 34 years old doesn't mean you can't act like like a brat. A 34 year old can still throw a temper tantrum. Why don't you just try to act more mature and give support constructive suggestions how to fix their software.

5. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

The report and discussion for v3 has already been done with them. For the rest, I'm not a programmer so I can't help further.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

This sounds like a troll post... anybody can come here and say... "this firewall is crap they did not fix a critical bug...." but then no bug is disclosed because it is in "their hands"... :blink:

If you do not want users feeback nor Comodo user help... why are you posting here? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Fax

7. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

fulfilling the French stereotype? :cool:

8. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

This has already been answered. It's called freedom of speech and opinion. You have the rights to believe what you want. If you aren't confortable with what was said, there's nothing I can do for you. I'll not repeat myself, elaborate or apologize.

9. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Here's an opinion. I feel this type of attitude is one of the main reasons we have many of the problems we do in our society today. Of course you are entitled to your assumptions that are basic to an argument and your opinions on this statement. However,as far as any you have about Comodo goes, I feel while causing fear may not be your goal, it does worry people needlessly. Having used Comodo Pro myself recently, although I was worried because of a few things, I may give it another try as it is one of the better security programs I have used. Unlike yourself, I don't feel that this statement is an assumption or an opinion, as there are reviews and millions of satisfied users that agree with that statement. Other than this all I will say is, good day sir. I said good day. LOL.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  10. fax

fax Registered Member

Of course, you can exercise your freedom of speech.
    The fact is that your are exercising your freedom of speech by damaging a reputable software in a public forum without any proof.
    Pretty pathetic and arrogant attitude. Sad overall...

Peace and love :D

Cheers,
    Fax

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Folks, since Alcyon fairly certain won't provide more info other then s/he has, l'll suggest to move on with the overall discussion.

regards,

paul

12. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Well since I agree, I will ask this. I see the Comodo forum is actually filled with posts about current problems with the latest release, so I'd like to know how well it is running for the people here at Wilders who are using it? Thanks.

13. Paul Wilders

That's good to hear ;)

That's perfectly fine. All I'm saying is, there's no use in discussing a (possible) issue with someone who refuses to provide more info. In this case: Alcyon.

regards,

paul

14. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I agree once again, and while I realize it isn't my place to post things in the nature of which I did, I was only having fun. I do however, wish some people would lighten up a bit in here. Although I doubt I truly need anything more than an AV and some common sense, I do enjoy using different security software and conversing about them, and it helps when others have fun as well. Some do mind you, but a few lately have been a little.. well you know. LOL. Take care.

15. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Fax, you may use whatever adjectives you want, I'm not affected by it. Not an ounce.

16. Paul Wilders

...and that ends the personal remarks - from all. Either discuss the software at hand from a technical point of view, or don't contribute at all.

regards,

paul

17. arran

arran Registered Member

I personally don't like the new comodo, sure it has become a better host intrusion prevention but all the xtra pop ups and alerts is unbearable. there is much better user friendly host intrusion prevention software around. I am sticking with just using the 2.4 version.

18. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Did you try the new mode?

19. pitzelberger

pitzelberger Registered Member

At least it is (to my best knowledge) the only firewall that's offering its own skinning tool. o_O

So I guess that all serious bugs have bee resolved recently; or else I am wondering how they have the time to invest in such efforts o_O

20. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

You can modify the rule to allow Firefox to create folders on the desktop, or anywhere else for that matter. Takes about 8 seconds.

-----------

Alcyon, you have spent the same time posting that you couldn't be bothered posting about the problem as you would have posting the problem.:p

OK, it may not help you since you've said you don't use Comodo any more but it may be helpful to other users and forum members here.

Hope you reconsider.

21. arran

arran Registered Member

22. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I want to install Comodo again, but every time I look in their forum it worries me a little bit. I know there can be troubles with any new software and that's the place where people are going to post about them. But I think because of all the hype surrounding Comodo, it makes me feel there should be far less troubles troubles than what I see. I have ThreatFire and Spyware Terminator installed right now, and from what I see in their respective forums, they have relatively few problems. I imagine many more people are using Comodo though, so that could be a big factor in having more problems, but I will add that the level of the problems is what worries me.

23. sturgisrun

sturgisrun Registered Member

HELP->COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

I installed Comodo a couple of days ago (after it was reccomended by CNET.com) on my main computer-> (XP Pro)& yesterday on an older machine-> (XP Home) & I was happy with it ->UNTIL<-I clicked to update it today to -> 3.0.14.276_XP_Vista_x32.

My main computer is almost unusable now:
    #1-> I can open Nod32-but it will not run.
    #2-> I cannot open Palm Desktop (tells me I am"not authorized")
    #3-> " " " System Restore " " " " " " "
    #4-> " " " notepad " " " " " " "
    #5-> I have the same problem with many other programs
    ----------
    So far I have tried the following:
    #1-> Deleted Comodo thru 'Add/Remove' in Control panel. It is gone from there but the file is still in Windows Explorer. When I tried to delete the file from there it would not let me, also will not let me end the PROCESS in Windows Task Mgr.
    #2-> The computer will NOT boot into 'SafeMode'- I have tried this 5-6 times & she just boots up in normal mode.
    #3-> I seem to have gotten it off my older machine & have run several SpySweeper/Ad-Aware/Avira Anti-Virus scans with clean results.
    ------------

Can someone PLEASE help me- a this point I have no other ideas EXCEPT doing a format of my HD & reinstall Windows XP Pro.

I will await a reply . . .THANK YOU !!!for any help you can give me-

Terry
    From the High Desert of New Mexico

24. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

You do not need to reformat. Of course you cannot stop the process. That would defeat the purpose of a firewall. That would mean that any malware or hacker could stop the Comodo process. You did not say which version you installed. If it was from Cnet then thats an old version. The new version should be downloaded straigght from the Comodo site. As far as your problem. You say you deleted it. Do you mean uninstalled it? You can boot up in safe mode and do a system restore back to before you updated Comodo. You can also uninstall Comodo in safe mode. If non of that works go here.

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v...ving_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

25. sturgisrun

sturgisrun Registered Member

Dieselman:

THANK YOU for your reply.

I uninstalled Comodo using 'Ad/Remove' in Control Panel. Comodo does NOT show there when the list is populated.

Comodo file folder still shows when I Right Click 'Start'->'Explore' - I have Right Clicked the folder-then selected 'Delete'. I then get "Error Deleting File or Folder" with message->'Cannot delete cmdagent.exe:Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or white-protected and that the file is not in use.'

I have also tried going to TASK MGR.->Applications->End Task to close Comando & nothing happens. I have also gone to Processes tab in TASK MGR.& tried to "End Process"

Comodo is still in Start->All Programs. When I select the 'Uninstall' option there I get a Window with the heading in the blue bar at the top-
    "C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cfponfg.exe" Below a "X" inside a red circle saying -> "Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access them"

I get the same message when I try to open "System Restore" with a different heading in the blue bar at the top of this window/message.

I am the only user of this machine & have always had Adminstrator access to it.

I cannot boot to'SafeMode'- I have triedto several times (both holding the F8 key & tapping it over & overtill machine boots up) & the computer boot up to normal mode.

I havetaken a quick look at the link you sent me & I am afraid it looks like it may be over my head.

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.