Comodo defense+ rules

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hefaistos22, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hefaistos22

Hefaistos22 Registered Member

Hi, yesterday i started using CIS, but older version 3.14 . I know the actual version is 5.9, but i really dont like all the fancy features like sandbox ,i just need plain firewall and defense+ ,( also i like the old GUI much more :) ). Anyway, i am just curious, if anyone can take pictures or list of protected registry/files in CIS 5.9 , because i believe there have been some changes in them since 3.14 , or is the protection enough?

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

You can disable the sandbox, I don't remember, but I think that you also can don't install it. As every program, especially security programs, old versions often are non fully safe; anyway, they have bugs fixed in newest. You should use the last version of CIS.

3. Hefaistos22

Hefaistos22 Registered Member

I know it is not safe, but i think this version is just fine . newer versions only focused on antivirus/sandbox/cloud and fixing the bugs in them

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

You know that it is not safe yet you think this version is fine? Hmm.. That's contradictory, you should really consider updating, I think there's a lot of bugs that have been fixed, you could just turn off the sandbox, and choose not to install the av.

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Ditto. Using outdated security is a bad idea. Like skudo12 said you can install comodo firewall and disable the sandbox. BAM! You have good old 3.14. Just a better version. Heck you can also turn off cloud scanning if you don't like all the new bells and whistle's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.