COMODO (CIS) & Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TheKid7, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have COMODO Internet Security (CIS) installed on my Windows 7 RC PC. Everything seems to be running OK. The other day I looked at my Windows 7 Security Center and I think that it showed the Windows Firewall "On". Does CIS turn off the Windows 7 RC Firewall when it is installed?

Thank you.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I hope it is really, but I never seen any of my firewalls turn off/on or Comodo for that matter windows firewall. I was thinking of putting Windows 7 RC on a non-occupied partition of a XP HD. But then I hear (read) the Final version of Windows 7 Is coming out in August (but there usually is a furrily of patches at first but well see). I think I read Windows 7 is incompatable with some Firewalls, so compatability mode might be your only avenue of using Comodo at this time till Comodo makes it more compatable with Windows 7 RC. But maybe it will in the Windows 7 Final version.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Windows 7 doesn't know that Comodo is there, so if you turn off the Win Firewall, 7 will complain that you have no firewall running. Comodo seems to work fine though, I installed it in compabilitity mode for Vista SP1 when I tested it out on 7, and no problems. I think they're working on a version for Windows 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.