Comodo CA SSL?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by iNinja, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNinja

iNinja Registered Member

My computer is randomly trying to contact Comodo CA. Even when there's no browser open and no particular application that I'm aware of that would need to. Peerblock does in fact block it. The reason posting is that I googled the subject and found so info about ComodoHacker and some of the things he has done.
    What happens is that every so often throughout the day I get a pop-up saying that the "revocation information for this site is unavailable" or something to that effect. What I am wondering is whether I should be concerned or if it's genuine and should be allowed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What is telling you Comodo CA is being contacted? What OS and has it been kept fully updated?

3. iNinja

iNinja Registered Member

Windows XP fully updated.
    When the little alert screen comes up to say that "the certificate revocation information for this site cannot be verified" (that's not verbatim but close enough) it asks if I want to proceed. The options are; yes, no, and cancel I believe. Without flaw, every time it comes up peerblock starts blinking in the tray notification area indicating that an outgoing ip has been blocked. This is the destination ip: 178.255.83.2
    The range is COMODO CA.

Oh yeah, I suppose that it's windows explorer telling me. Because nothing else is running. Next time it comes up I'll try and post a pic.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.