COMODO BOClean 4.27 has been Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by 3xist, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Sorry to hear that :( I do know they are going to be adding it into CIS, and it will be VERY light on resources.

I have seen a screen shot of CIS in testing only using 2,800 k

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Out of around 200 samples mainly in the wild trojans,spyware and rootkits it didnt detect anythingh. It was supposed to cover Avira's back and it didnt do anythingh. SAS n MBAM on the other hand did.

I know how BClean is supposed to work and i really had hoped it would live up to my expectations but it doesnt, also i have not claimed it should detect all. Just presenting an experience. Trying to make me look bad isnt going to improve this product all.

3. GES/POR

Out of around 200 samples mainly in the wild trojans,spyware and rootkits it didnt detect anythingh. It was supposed to cover Avira's back and it didnt do anythingh. SAS n MBAM on the other hand did.

I know how BClean is supposed to work and i really had hoped it would live up to my expectations but it doesnt, also i have not claimed it should detect all. Just presenting an experience. Trying to make me look bad isnt going to improve this product at all.

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Were these trojans actually running on the computer though, or sitting in a folder somewhere, waiting to be installed? What were the circumstances of this "failure to detect"?

5. GES/POR

Installed and running. Dont take my word for it. Try it with a test pc. Go hunt for some in the wild malware, shouldnt be that diffcult, c if that cutie will cover your av's back. I hope it will but think not.

6. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

That's odd, Have you got a link to the ones you said failed? I have tested myself and works fine here.

7. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Thanks but no. In asking the question I just wanted to be sure you were testing for something active, rather than latent, which you obviously were.
    (Don't have a test PC, don't want to bork mine.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.