Comodo Aquires BoClean!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mele20, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Guest

Hear hear! I'm not a Boclean-user, but I must say that seeing such involvement with the users even in such a busy/stressfull time alone is almost reason enough to buy it. Alas that's not possible anymore. :shifty:

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Well done
    This is a huge change and needs to be aired a bit.
    Heh: would 've loved to see those "few comments"

I'm very happy to read KMcA's comments and see the commitment.

I hope there is a way out if needed, as implied in Kevin's comments
    BOC has been the one constant fixture on my box since I found it.
    Not 1000% perfect but pretty darn good tool to have.

I for one would have been willing to cough up an annual levy for BOC: wouldn't have blinked.

If "BOmodo" relationship falls over, I hope K&N and PSC would be able to remodel their business plan and should feel secure.

LOL: look at all the other shite people pay for :D

3. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

Sorry for the temporary shutdown of the thread, MY fault ... shows you what happens when one has been awake since MONDAY with only 3-5 hours since then and still doing that "pink bunny thing" and getting stupid from lack of sleep.

Bottom line though is I finally got a few days meeting my brothers and sisters at COMODO and once again all I can say is that Melih was ENOUGH of a plesaurable treat ... if you think us "NSClean people" are kewl, the COMODO people are such a NATURAL fit for all of us that I felt RIGHT at home. And for all the wonderful people who've joined US, Melih has TRULY brought together the "BEST of the BEST" and I ain't foolin'!

Words cannot begin to DESCRIBE how GREAT this is going to be once all the poo I flung sticks to the wall! Heh. Seriously ... OUR future is going to be absolutely WONDERFUL! Fear NOT getting some! :)

Meanwhile, I go get me some 22 hours or so "make-up sleep" and apologies once again to Lowwatermark for being stupid due to lack of sleep and THANKS for editing out my stupid. Heh.

4. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I have never used BoClean but it is encouraging that this security tool will still exist & has found someone that will support it. It is my feeling that there are few free tools which work as well as well developed paid ones. The owners of this tool apparently have a nice product which due to Comodo will now still be available. Looking on the bright side it BoClean may get better & offer a solution to those people who do not want to purchase a trojan suite in addition to an antivirus product. I do use Comodo firewall suffice it to say that it works flawlessly for me. Since these products will be free anyone who has a problems with Comodos offerings can always use another product. Nevertheless I am encouraged by the the fact that Comodo's products are available for anyone for free. Best wishes to all!

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Kevin and Nancy McAleavey, i wasn't aware of what exactly your company was. Heard praises of BOClean, but no trial, just paid once. I was attracted by one time fee, but i couldn't see it before buying.

I now understand why it was like that, and how you operate. It looks like a family company (friends included), and i like that. I missed that info somehow.

If i knew this before, i think i would have bought it. Trust is better achieved like this, at least for me.

I also think you'll get along great with Comodo. You'll get well paid, and be able to offer it for free!
    Anyway, hope you all get along great:thumb:

6. malformed

malformed Former Poster

Personally I didn't like the No Trial aspect, but I also didn't have a need for a dedicated AT (or AV/AS for that matter), so it didn't matter much to me. But I look forward to trying what was once forbidden fruit. [Time frame please]

Sorry I didn't read the entire thread, but as BOClean was the bread 'n' butter of PSC, I'll assume all their offerings have been sold to Comodo - Therefore will they all be free? [Sorry, I'm too lazy/busy to read the thread - Please do indulge me]

7. mowergun

mowergun Registered Member

I very much appreciate reading posts from Kevin and Nancy. I trust them as I have trusted BOClean, so now instead of worried I feel excited about the changes and improvements that will be coming.

I own two BOClean licenses, but even so I felt like I was not supporting them as they were supporting me because I got the sense from posts that Kevin has made in other forums over the past year or so that he was struggling.

I would love to know what was in the deleted posts.

I like the idea that existing customers will get a special license code. I don't belong to any exclusive clubs, but now I am a member of an exclusive club that no new members can join. Makes me feel special.:D

8. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I also own two BC licenses and -like many here- would have been prepared to pay twice as much for Boclean,if only they had asked or let us know.
    After Kevin's explanations i feel much better and i want to believe!

9. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

Can't wait to get the special license. :p

10. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Official Member of the 2007 Special License Club :D

Now when do we get this license code?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks Mr. McAleavey for explaining the Netbus issue and also for putting my mind at ease concerning the future of BOClean.
    As a subscriber to BOClean I was happy to read about the priority of updates.
    I'm thinking this aquisition may really be a win-win situation for everyone.

12. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Yes, I have to admit I am. :doubt: I've considered for over a year buying it and just bought it recently.

I hope you are right.

13. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Aw gee, sounds like we missed all the good bits, can't we have just a little look, maybe a few pm's to those willing to pay :D

No worries, partly my fault I'd been calling Nancy - Mary - in a couple of posts [now corrected]. I had a huge argument on the phone with a woman called Mary who works for the company that's been fixing, or not fixing, my plasma tv for the last 3 months, so I had the name Mary burnt into my brain, I even called my wife Mary .......... now that was a big mistake :rolleyes:

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Calling her Gerald (or something similar) would have been an even bigger mistake!! :D

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Before this thread goes off track again, and gets permantly closed, you might want to really pay attention to what LowWaterMark requested of us, and wish the McAleaveys the best of luck and Comodo. I agree with Kevin, give it some time, this may really work out as a benefit to all of us.:)

16. cybrguy

cybrguy Registered Member

But I LOVE 1980's music!!! :)

Folks, Kev and Nancy have been the best and most responsive vendors in the industry for a LONG time. Their support is unparalleled. WhenEVER I or one of my clients have had an issue with BOClean (a admittedly rare experience), Kevin would always either point out what we were doing wrong OR FIX THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY and include the fix in the next update, never more than HOURS later. Melih has really staged a coup by hiring them on and adding them to their workforce. Not only have they absorbed the premier AT product out there, but they have acquired two of the best tools in the industry, Kevin and Nancy! I wish you two well and hope you got a pile of cash, and look forward to seeing you help this company become the industry leader.
    I have been a little reticent to try out Comodo up to now. If Kevin feels that comfortable working with them, I'm sure they are the real deal, and my reticence is history.

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Theres actually going to be a "FREE" version of this? I like to know for sure, not that i don't encourage support for World-Class security but this does raise many eyebrows including my own.

Even though i never used it before, i read plenty enough sparkling reports to know it is an extremely formidable program in any fashion.

18. pojispear

pojispear Registered Member

i still say you should charge $9.95 or something. there would be little downside to that and more $$$ for you.
    -satisfied BOClean user since 2005

19. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I see much interest in free BOClean here already. Giving a quality software for free is the best advertisement you can get and indeed an effective way to attract attention. Comodo sure did earn a substantial amount of money with their free firewall and they will earn even more with BOClean aboard now. I only hope that these two good people from PSC will get their fair revenue.

Cheers.

20. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

21. true north

true north Registered Member

Nancy and Kevin,

Thank you very much for the great BOClean and your superior support. I wish you all the best for your future.

true north

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Likewise :thumb:

All the best to the original founders of BoClean for an even more successful run and satisfaction for it's users. I'm almost envious because i have heard nothing but positive reports of BoClean and that goes back some years now.
    I just wonder if, since COMODO is hinted at a release of it free if it will still remain an independent app as it's always been or might somehow be integrated into the firewall.
    What's the concensus on this brand new announcement and present loyal BoClean users as to your expectations how it will now be distributed. Some of us are curious to read YOUR wishes.

23. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I believe that Mr.McAleavey has already stated that Comodo/Melih is committed to keeping the current status of BOClean, i.e. it will still be available as an independent product.

24. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

The world will be a safer place now, for Everybody, and for FREE !

All the best to Kevin and Nancy BOClean and Comodo.

StevieO

25. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Are all boclean malware samples added to the comodo av database at the present time?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.