Comodo Aquires BoClean!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mele20, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

what stinks is, I want the product andcant get it. You would think Comodo would activate a link since it is going to be free.

2. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Never mind.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I think it has to do with respecting customers, paper work, and a final exam on what changes. It takes time to put things in order.

4. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Is that all you think about?

Did you read the sad stories kevin told us? YOU HAVE NO HEART! :mad:

Give kevin time to adjust!

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

And is already surfaced in the form of behavioral blocking HIPS as i see it. Perhaps another reason for these type mergers if you take seriously in consideration both comments, the one regarding malware plus the release of Vista.

One fact is a given here, this technology is in constant transition as are the developers of programs in general, and the more things change, the more shuffling is bound to happen, with merger taking front & center with computer software programs these days. At least this is my view of things as they stand, maybe yours is different.

6. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Absolutely! :rolleyes:

Anyway, what's with the sudden rush? Comodo have only just acquired BOClean, and I suppose that in any case there will probably first have to be a few GUI changes before they release it under their own name

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  7. greenhatch

greenhatch Registered Member

I'm a late entrant to this thread (oops :) ), very interesting comments. I bought BOClean a while back (and am content) and if the McAleaveys needed to sell up, I'm glad it was to a company like Comodo ( I use their firewall, a fine product). I'm actually looking forward to how Comodo Boclean develops! :cool:

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think you should reread this thread for my comments on the folks who made this great product. My last statement was more of the same. I t was meant to intend that the product is so valuble that even depriving folks of it for a short period in wrong. Kevin and Nancy know how I feel about this and totallythink they were correct. My comments was just another salute to them and the product.:D

9. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Alrighty then...:D

10. extratime

extratime Registered Member

Very interesting thread. I just got finished reading through the whole thing.

Kevin sounds like a couple of my friends. Passionate and driven to honor his commitments.

I have to say I never bought BOClean, partly because of the trial issue and partly because I didn't really understand (until now) how it differed from other security products.

It was very sad to hear about all the troubles Kevin and Nancy have been through. I hope that with the Comodo buyout they will get an opportunity to get their lives back.

I don't know much about Melih but I think that what Comodo have done with their firewall has been extraordinary, with rapid improvements being made. Hopefully BOClean will remain a premier product under the Comodo flag.

To some of the posters I would say I think it is counter-productive to blame people for not buying a product. The world isn't fair and frankly in my experience it is becoming more unfair by the day. Sometimes a company can have a superior product and still fail. It's not anybody's fault. Luck plays a major role in success. And peversely sometimes being successful means compromising one's ethics at times (~I can think of a certain company based in Redmond~).

What's happened has now happened, for better or worse. It is more important to focus on the future. To that end I wish Kevin and Nancy the best!

11. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Maybe so, but from reading various security forums, I see a lot of people that were too cheap to buy BOClean, now demanding to know what is taking so long for their FREE copy to become available. It must be tough for Kevin to refrain from telling them all to GO POUND SAND!

There, I did it for him. :)

12. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Somebody had to say it.:D I bought BOClean a while back and never regreted doing so.I just wish that I would have paid for it sooner then I did.Kevin and Nancy both deserve thanks for their hard work and dedication.

13. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Kevin gave a good explanation of why its taking time to get the free BOClean out over on the Comodo forum and in part of the post he mentions "get it out or get it out right"?
    I think it's funny too how everyone wants BOClean "yesterday" now that it's free.
    I paid for BOClean and I damn sure don't regret doing so.

14. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Well Said!!!:cool:

15. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

At Wich forums are people demanding the program?

I keep up with the comodo boclean threads @ wilders,broadbanddsl and comodo/boclean. There is no demanding there only questioning and blessings.

Im wondering if it's so evil to wanna try out a free legal program then y release it for free in the first place. If kevin and fans find dislike for new free customers maybe they should take it up with the devil Melih?

16. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Free customer?

17. extratime

extratime Registered Member

GES/POR if you read the thread there was a couple of posters in this thread who were a bit strident in asking when the free version would be available, and why it wasn't available for downloading immediately. Were they "demanding" it? Depends on how you interpret the posts in question.

So I do understand where JimmyD is coming from to an extent, and even why Kevin was a bit miffed.

Emotions are a running high here and I think some people are upset that other people seem to be a bit ungrateful for all the hard work that Kevin and Nancy have put in over the years, especially because in due course they will get a free version of BOClean.

It was not my intention to further inflame this issue. My only point is great products don't always translate into successful businesses. Playing the blame game is pointless.

Let's look forward to the future. Kevin has landed on his feet and the product will be further strenghtened (we hope) with Comodo's resources. Sounds like a win-win.

18. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

19. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Yes, a new conception. :rolleyes:

20. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Trjam was misunderstood, or he chose his words wrong. Just like GES/POR chose "customer" by mistake.

21. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Im dutch for ~snipped~ sake! "free customer" All new customers as of take over get program for free thus i said free customer wich is incorrect boohoo.

Ok ok, "free customer" could also be seen as the thingh Kevin has always been waitin for. It seems boclean had too few customers to keep it alive forever now that it will be free they will get plenty of new costumers for free, yes for free to promote comodo. History: too few customers Future: plenty customers for free, not need payin me for small not very known program. Win win, now be happy yall.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  22. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I was already happy. BOClean has saved my ass in the past.

23. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Are you familiar with the definition of customers? :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  24. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I believe most users already know that answer with some acuuracy.
    Hello again TonyKlein. :cool:

Theres likely almost as big a following of a desire for BoClean by many who either couldn't afford to add yet another security prog to their arsenal beit for whatever reason, but still relished it enough with envy over the glowing results experienced by many satisfied customers.

Although i will admit i never used BoClean even though i could purchased it at any time. I always regarded it as a more automated program requiring little if any user interaction from my end of things while at same time Xtremely formidable, offering any user more than enough protection against m'ware.

As a matter of choice i always preferred as much interaction from security programs (such as reviewing "live" stats, observing behavior while suspended, capturing as many "live" samples) that i could. Time consuming at best and not for most.

I will add this, if i had no real interest in m'ware behaviors for research or my things was to surf the net with the best overall protections made available, BoClean would have instantly been one of only a few other choices (AV/AS) to round out my PC security. Of that there is no doubt in my mind.

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the way I said it, sucked and by no means did I mean for it to sound like that. Kevin and Nancy are good folks, and yes I want to get BoClean, but I am the last person at this forum, that cares about getting, ANY PRODUCT FREE. Those who know me well, know paying is what I prefer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.