comodo anti virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Red Moon, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi
    how good is the comodo anti virus?
    whenever ive used the comodo security suite ive always installed the anti virus as well.
    Is it effective?
    kind regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  2. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

When I've used it I found it quite effective at catching malware. But thats just me.

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Where the AV might not catch everything the sandbox/HIPS helps you out there. :D

5. adrenaline7

adrenaline7 Registered Member

seems pretty good to me, as good as most AV's out there and bump up heuristics and enable cloud scanning and it would be even more aggressive. If I were to run Comodo Firewall with an AV personally I would just use the full CIS suite with the AV as it should streamline things and work best....use something like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or MBAM as a backup scanner and you should have a great combo. I don't use an AV or Comodo Firewall but I do like checking my system every few months with Comodo Cleaning Essentials and although it only found a FP on my machine I did use CCE to clean a friends machine.

6. guest

guest Guest

Comodo AV is good now, i did some personal "test" and it perform well enough to trust it.

Used in conjunction with the cloud, HIPS/Sandbox, you will be secured .

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I have contrary to popular view.......found it to be nice and effective with no FP problems......

Standalone wise may not be as potent as avast or avg, but is good for everyday use

8. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ive heard so many conflicting reports about the company itself and i really do not want to believe thay they deal with malware authors etc.
    ive tried the full suite before and always found it to be very effective but all these mixed reviews kind of put me off a bit.
    Is it really as bulletproof as they say it is.?
    Ive heard that it struggles with removing rootkits .
    Any opinions would be appreciated on this please.
    Kind regards:doubt:

9. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Is it bulletproof ? No, as it isn't with any security software.
    Is it good? Yes, if you know how to use it properly it's quite solid.
    On a side note, it intends to keep a clean machine clean, it's not as effective in cleaning so install it on a clean machine.

10. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,

As a Comodo user, I can tell you that the AV has a decent detection rate. The real problem is its high rate of false positive. They have to address the false positive issue before it can become a recommended product for average users.

CIS as a suite provides very robust protection but it is as strong as the user. If you do not get infected, you do not have to worry about cleaning. Cleaning an infected computer completely is pretty much impossible these days.

Thanks

11. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Except for detections of things like Leak Tests, trojan simulators, etc. I personally don't remember every getting a false positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.