Comodo 3 with DC++ in active mode? Help needed!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by parallax, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parallax

parallax Registered Member

My well working Comodo 2 got updated to version 3, and seemed to work with DC++ and uTorrent, so I changed nothing.

Now, after starting my two computers (both with Comodo 3) in LAN, in another computer I started DC++ (let's call this computer comp1), and after that Comodo reported about incoming connections, but it was in another computer! (let's call it comp2) I quickly answered cancel to all the reports, and they had "remember the answer" checked.

Even though I did this in comp2, I noticed in comp1 that that I couldn't search or download in DC++ unless I switched to passive mode. It was like comp2 had reported through LAN to comp1 that I declined the incoming connections - that were obviously DC++ connections.

Shutting down computers and ADSL modem, and restarting then didn't help, so I tried adding rules to Comodo in comp1 (the one with DC++). I went to Advanced/Network Security Policy and there tried adding them to DCPlusPlus.exe . After it didn't help, I added them to Global rules. But it didn't help either. Rules were the ones that worked with Comodo 2, with two different destination ports, one for TCP and one for UDP. I entered them exactly the way it worked in Comodo 2, and moved them to the top of lists.

I noticed that at least at this point Comodo was in Firewall Security Level Train with Safe Mode, so I tried to change it to Custom Policy Mode, but no help either.

So what should I do to open the ports for incoming DC++ connections to get it work in active mode?

Thanks!

Edit1:
    Defense+ is in Train with Safe Mode

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.