COMODO 3.276 BLOCKING Windows Update installation in Vista

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gdiloren, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

I wrote a thread in their forum yesterday (bugs) but it was filtered as usual. This is the second major critical Windows Update installation in Vista I have to completely remove this firewall from the pc to get all the updates installed. Disabling DEFENSE+ doesn't work. As it seems, not all pcs on Vista are behaving in the same way on Vista:some have troubles like hell, some behave normally. I was OK with Comodo until December 2007.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Well, that's why i don't intend to downgrade my Pc from XP to Vista. :D

If most security applications don't work in Vista and many developers still don't release Vista versions, there must be a reason...

Blame Vista first... Comodo was one of the pioneers in giving a free Vista firewall. But apparently they can't predict the MS patches that change things.

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Short of installing XP my advice is to remove Comodo, make sure UAC is enabled, enable a software restriction policy, use the built in Vista Firewall, an AV or your choice, and stop worrying about outbound filtering. Of all possible security measures, outbound filtering provides the least benefit in exchange for the most trouble.

4. JamesFrance

JamesFrance Guest

This was sorted with the 11th January update to CPF3. The current release allows the Windows updates for Vista, so no need now to uninstall.

5. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Version 77 takes care of this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.