Comodo 3.0.21.329 released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dieselman, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thanks for the news.

3. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Will it be appropriate if I congratulate Comodo team with this success ? :)

4. _ab

_ab Registered Member

caution, this update messed up my whole machine; first update version (patch) wouldn´t work, maybe because i skipped one version. Then it wouldn´t uninstall, nor install the new version, even after deleting all program files & stopping service, cleaning registry etc.

I had to restore an older image & it took hours to fix it. I guess, this is one of the reasons a lot of people don´t like Comodo, they make too much mistakes.
    It´s not good to bring out updates every week, even if they have errors. They should test it properly, maybe even beta, & not annoy their supporters which such a half baked software.

5. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

What version were you using before cause 329 is a small update and not a full version if you already had 320.

6. _ab

_ab Registered Member

I used 3.0.19.318_XP before that. It obviously could work much better, if they would not bring out major updates for every small change. & they should work out a way, that allows installing over the older version.

Edit: besides of that, i will continue using CFP, off course. I hope, they will react to the criticism of their users. ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  7. EricEgan

EricEgan Registered Member

Remember - When uninstalling CPF3 you need to search your computer for all folders named "Comodo" and delete them. I then use CCleaner to clean up the registry. Doing this will solve all your re-installation issues.

Eric

8. _ab

_ab Registered Member

yeah, after clicking remove software, it just vanished, with obviously no uninstalling action, that´swhy it was a problem. I saw this with SSM also, but it had at least a uninstall.exe in it´s folder, unlike CFP. Otherwise i find it a very good program, off course.

9. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

10. _ab

_ab Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.