Comodo 3.0.19.318

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dieselman, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

ZoneAlarm does have an HIPS which is not nearly as noisy.

2. wigwam

wigwam Registered Member

Thanks.
    I know Mileh said his plan was first to sort the product and then to make it more user friendly so I guess with the GUI tweaks CFP have moved onto this phase 2.
    I am impressed with the speed of movement so maybe I might tread water a little longer and hope for Ver 3.1 being good for a noob.

3. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

4. Dieselman

5. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

ZoneAlarm's Triple Defense Firewall is very good at preventing malware, and it also has a cool feature called Spy Site Blocking which I have seen in action. Also the Smart Defense Adviser is very informative about any alerts that pop up, and the GUI is very easy to get around in and understand. Having used both, I feel ZA is the more polished of the two, but Comodo is a great firewall/HIPS combo with perhaps a slight edge in protection and will keep improving.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My experience with two versions so far, I think a clean install of it is always good and trouble free. U can export n inport ur rules to avoid pop ups and learning again.

7. Dieselman

Yes very true Aigle. I use Revo Uninstaller In advanced mode. See here also. Wordward. Spy site blocking only blocks none spyware sites. McAfee site advisor can tell you that for free.Any site can be blocked using OA or Comodo. Just add it into your block site list.

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v...ving_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

8. Dieselman

I mean known sites. Not none.

9. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Hehe, true. ZoneAlarm is one of the most known firewalls today, I know many users that are still stucked in zonelabs. It is definitely one of the better firewalls, but too leaky imo, insufficient keylogger protection, CFP is the best and will stay the best in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.