-Common Cents- You Choose.....

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by hayc59, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I got it right the first time. Only because I am more familiar with pennies than any other denomination! :D

I haven't seen the fifty cent coin in ages.

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I got it right the first time too. I guess picking up all those penny's up off the street finally paid off. :D

4. dog

dog Guest

I got it right too. ;) Not bad being Canadian, EH. LOL

Btw - HayC - Can you make change for a $100 ~just joking~ :D

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

oh thats good!!

6. dog

dog Guest

:) Glad you Laughed, Buddy :)

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It makes you think a little bit. ;)

8. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

I got it right only because in law school we were given a debate exercise regarding the "In God We Trust" business, and tangentially, a directive to argue that as long as that whole motto was anathema to the Constituitional directives we know about separation of Church and State, and if it was deemed so by the courts, why not just get rid of the meaningless and anachronistic penny (that honestly has no differential value any more really) rather than re-tool and print it with a "secular" facingo_O

My understanding is that the penny is VERY short-lived now- to be supplanted by the nickel as the lowliest coin in circulation (or maybe even the dime or MAYBE the quarter within less than 10 years)- and truthfully, that just as paper money is a thing on its way out fairly soon (2-3 decades, in favor of debit plasticism) , coins will surely be even moreso buried as a thing of the past quite sooner than that...

In God We Trust- Liberty- 2004- US of A- E. Pluribus Unum - ONE CENT... don't get me going on the bizarro conspiratorial theories about all that, promiseo_O?

9. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Let's see, gold is over $450.00, our national debt is the highest it has ever been, the dollar is worth a couple of yen, I don't think it's going to take a decade or two to become a cashless society, more like four more years.

Y'think they'll bring back debtor's prisons or poor farms?? We've got more prisons than any other country, makes ya think! Or should!

Now, back to the penny!!:D We used to buy penny candy every Saturday in the little town where my grandma lived, it seemed like a quarter could buy enough to keep two dentists busy all year long!

It was such fun to agonize over just what you were going to spend it on- root beer barrels, banana-ramas, peanut butter logs, jawbreakers, kool-aid straws, those candy bracelets and necklaces. Even (shh!) chocolate ciggies!:eek:

Ah well, at least we have some good penny memories! :) How about anyone else??

Marja:cool:

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I chose coin A, and it was CORRECT!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.