Comments, questions, suggestions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Trying out this new v4 beta and so far loving it! :thumb:
    Just one question: it says that the license is valid until march 2nd 2009 but what happens after that? Will our regular license (for v3) then be accepted or do we must go back to v3?

Thanks, and keep up the good work :)

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I've tried the new ESS the past few day, a definite improvement, big thumbs up to ESET for improvements, only thing I can pick on & it's iffy is the icon in the sys tray...

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

i cant make my mind up about the sys tray icon, one minute i like it the next i think it looks like a washing machine (when it's updating/scanning)

4. I have same question as Waterfox, it says that the license is valid until march 2nd 2009 but what happens after that? Will our regular license (for v3) then be accepted or do we must go back to v3? I have been totally spoiled by this much more superior version. Nod 32 V4 ROCKS

5. gisuck

gisuck Registered Member

2 suggestions for additions:

1) There needs to be a way to Stop/Pause/Bring to foreground a scheduled task (scan) when it is running.

I run a full system scan at 2 am weekly (i'm freakin paranoid because my mom uses this computer too, and I'm an IT guy!) yet I don't see an option to bring a scheduled scan to the foreground when the job runs. No option to pause or stop either.

2) The Quarantine should have a new right click context menu for either "Rescan" or "Check for false positive".

This way users can check files against new updates that come in that originally has been classified as either "Possibly a variant of ..." or "User Submitted" can be updated to the actual virus found within that definition at the time.

3) Cosmetic problem: About box is too small in Vista. There is a scroll bar present that does not exist in XP. :) Might want to add a spare line or two for growth.

6. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

maybe EAV 4 should include an IDS ...

7. Phenom

Phenom Registered Member

My suggestion is... PWN AVIRA. I look at tests like av comparatives and it shows nod32 detection has decreased, but still good in proactive. Also, it seems nod32 v4 uses more resources.

8. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Resource usage will increase as new technologies are programed and released, and ESET improves it's product, it's not like it's increased 10x.

9. bogidan4o

bogidan4o Registered Member

Whose kernel uses 4.0? 3.0's or own?

10. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Could someone tell me if NOD 32 V4 has an option to exclude threats found? I used NOD 32 for about 5 years now, and recently changed to Avira because it was detecting bitfender v10 free as containing a virus in windows 32. Can't remember exactly what is detected. I believe it was an adware threat. I tried to exclude the treat so i could keep bitdefender as an on-demand scanner, but i was unsuccessful. It continued to try to remove the threat freezing up my computer.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@Cutting_Edgetech

v4 can exclude specific potentially unwanted and unsafe applications found but not what it finds and other threats (viruses,trojans,adware,rootkits,etc...)

However , it has always had exclusions for files. Furthermore , if you believe something is detected incorrectly , send it to ESET for re-analysing.

12. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I did attempt to exclude the threat using the file exclusion option, but with no success. I may give it another shot. I can't wait for NOD 32 antivirus V 4 to come out. I liked V 2.7 so much that i used it instead of version 3 due to its low memory footprint, and better stability on my machine. I wish i had a beta machine to run V 4 on so i could contribute to its improvement. I've seen several screen shots of it, and it looks like a dream come true.

13. Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla Registered Member

If I am using Opera M2 via IMAP to access GMAIL, does ESET Smart Security scan the mail?

Also does the Antispam Module work with IMAP yet?

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

IMAP can only be scanned by plugins for supported email clients. The same holds true for spam filtering.

15. Adam Kachwalla

Adam Kachwalla Registered Member

Why? Isn't it possible to scan IMAP traffic (like you do with POP3)?

If not possible, I am making a suggestion of adding M2 to the list?

16. elapsed

Bingo, would be nice.

17. Can an option to not install the SysInspector be added to NOD32 V4 PLEASE

18. nostic

nostic Registered Member

I'd like to see registry scanning for spyware. While I know this is a (great) antivirus program...Malware is just as important to protect against.

With ESET growing and building new offices, perhaps you could instead fork over some cash and buy a anti-malware company like SuperAntiSpyware.

That in itself would make myself and my company a lifetime subscriber.

Thanks!

-nos

19. Chimera

Chimera Registered Member

Running Windows 7 beta 1 and NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.68.0

Some minor glitch, Windows 7 recognizes NOD32 4.0 as 3.0 or NOD32 reports itself as 3.0...

Either way, it is reported as ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 instead of 4.0.

Keep up the good work (and detect more viruses/malware than Avira ;) ), 4.0 is running great :thumb:

20. Zaronn

Zaronn Registered Member

I would like to see windows live messenger implementation. Other antivirus software is recognized in the live messenger, but Eset does not. Please fix. Would be nice. Other than that, this seems to be VERY good! Thanks.

21. elapsed

What exactly do you want it to do in WLM? It scans all newly created files anyway from all programs. Not sure what you're wanting.

22. Zaronn

Zaronn Registered Member

Well, if you enter the WLM settings, you can choose your antivirus software as a scanner. But WLM does not recognize Eset. Like for example Norton do.
    And if you try to send a file over WLM for the first time, it ask you to choose a antivirus software, or you must choose the windows live scanner. So the thing is, you cant choose Eset's for some reason.

23. elapsed

It's not needed, because as soon as the downloaded file is completed it will be scanned in the background.

24. Zaronn

Zaronn Registered Member

I KNOW that for sure. But Im telling its not working like the other brands do!At this point. And I mean thats something that Eset should be aware of, and hopefully fix. No matter what you mean.

25. elapsed

There is nothing to fix. Adding your AV to WLM's list was something brought out about 6 years ago when AV's didn't scan in real-time. It is an unnecessary feature in this day and age.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.