Command prompt installation with UNC paths

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mattj46, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattj46

mattj46 Registered Member

Here's what I have tried:

msiexec /a \\[computer name]\shared\ess_nt32_enu.msi /qb!

The install goes okay with no error messages. I am getting an event from the MsiInstaller in the Event Viewer reporting that Nod32 has installed successfully. But after a reboot, the program doesn't start and it appears as though the service is not even running.

The config file is aptly named "cfg.xml" and resides in the same directory as the msi package. I have also tried using the command ADMINCFG="\\[computer name]\shared\cfg.xml" in vain attempts to get it to read the config file (not sure if this is the problem... I am just trying everything I have at my disposal). I have also tried using REBOOTPROMPT=" " , but no prompt for reboot ever appears.

I need to be able to run a bat file from the workstations instead of babysitting for each install and this is the only way to do it given my client's network configuration (no Active Directory).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am missing?

2. mattj46

mattj46 Registered Member

I tried the same command but on my local machine with the same results. If it is something really insanely stupid that I am missing, please tell me.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

You may want to try running msiexec with the /l* <logfile> switch so you have a proper log file to look at to get a better idea at what is going on.

4. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Don't use /a but /i instead.

/a is for doing an administrative installation (unpacking the installation and/or creating an installation point, where you have answered some of the questions in the wizard. Running it silently with /qb! doesn't make any sense.

/Preben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.