Command Line Options?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by maiki, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maiki

maiki Registered Member

Are there command line options one can use with Spywareblaster?

I would especially be interested in a way to go directly to the System Snapshot tool. (It could be a good alternative to Windows System Restore, if it were easier and quicker to get to, if one could make a shortcut that went right there.)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Not at this point in time, but that's a good suggestion for a future release. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Yes, command line parameters would be welcome. :thumb:

4. maiki

maiki Registered Member

Thank you.

I will explain a little, why I would want a system restore alternative.

Windows System Restore is a great function, and it has saved me many times. However, one cannot totally rely on it. Sometimes when I completely need it to restore my system, I start SR, and get the message "no restore points available", even though I had recently manually created restore points, and I had not closed the System Restore service. Windows sometimes decides to delete restore points, without asking me!

So, not to replace Windows System Restore, but to give an extra layer of security, I sometimes start Spyware Blaster and make a System Snapshot there, which I know will not be deleted automatically. It would be nice if that could be done quickly with a one click batch file, rather than having to open the SB GUI, etc.

I have never yet restored from a SB restore point though. Are they as comprehensive (or more so) than those created by Windows? Will they restore a Windows 7 system?

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster's System Snapshot is not as comprehensive as Windows' built-in System Restore, nor is it meant to be.

Rather, System Snapshot is meant to quickly and easily let you selectively examine and restore specific types of changes - changes that spyware/malware commonly make (like browser setting changes, added browser plugins, start-up items, etc).

Because it targets these specific areas, it shouldn't interfere with other legitimate changes you've made since your last snapshot (it also shows exactly what changes it detects, so you can easily customize what it restores). But it also serves a somewhat different purpose than Windows' System Restore.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.