Coming back to Prevx: A boys journey to manhood a love lost,fare-thee-well Webroot

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by MrGump, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Originally I purchased a Prevx license but then found out about Webroot and Joe, I believe, was nice enough to let me upgrade. Thing is, Webroot didn't really work out for me and I was hoping to come back to Prevx.

1.) Is Prevx lighter on resources than Webroot Essentials?

2.) Are there any conflicts with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013?

3.) Are there any conflicts with Malwarebytes Pro?

4.) Does it matter that I am installing Prevx last?

5.) Am I still keeping the best part of Webroot without all the extra clutter?

6.) How many PC's can I protect with a standard Prevx license?

Thank you for your help.

(I know I referred to the Webroot stuff as "clutter" but I am aware many happy users enjoy those extra features :oops: )
    have not slept many hourrs

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I do strongly recommend you keep WSA instead of Prevx as WSA is considerably stronger.

No, Prevx is larger and heavier despite having less functionality. We spent a considerable amount of effort optimizing it further with WSA.

Not that I'm aware of.

One partial "incompatibility" in that Prevx will scan every file MBAM scans and will slow down its scanning. WSA avoids this.

That won't make a difference.

Not really - WSA is based around Prevx 4.0, not Prevx 3.0, and P4 is dramatically more advanced than P3.

You can purchase any number of seats on a P3 license - it defaults to one.

I am curious as to what features you're feeling are "clutter". I lead the WSA development team and I am a minimalist: I don't include anything which isn't necessary, so if you have a specific concern about a feature being unnecessary, let me know and I should be able to justify it.

3. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

I just don't think WSA works as well with FireFox as it does with IE. For example, often I will have to reload FF for WSA web shield to block sites I know should be blocked. I never have to do this with IE. This leads me to wonder what the heck else WSA is glitching on, or maybe its just a FF issue. Either way I am left with a feeling I am not safe. As far as clutter goes, I guess everything like the "system cleaning" tools and basically anything extra than just scanning and monitoring for malicious content. I can try to answer more if you have questions.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

What build of Firefox are you using and do you have any other security software or addons installed? The system cleaner is available in WSA Complete and is very useful for erasing files securely and cleaning internet history, which is why we have included it.

5. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

FF 16.0.2

Adblock Plus 2.1.2
    App Button Color 1.0
    App Button No Text 1.2
    Gmail Manager NG 0.6.5.2
    HTTPS Finder .085
    My Homepage 1.2
    Password Exporter 1.2.1 - disabled

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013
    Malwarebytes Pro
    WSA Essentials

FYI, this was discussed on the WSA forums and I was advised to escalate to the ticket system. I have not received a ticket response for more than a week.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  6. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

It's not only FireFox. Opera 12.10 on Windows 7 64bit has to be reloaded as well. It works flawlessly on Windows 7 32 bit system.

7. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Yes, I am 64 bit Windows 7 as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.