comcast again!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by snowman, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

Greetings to everyone:

several hours ago an attempt was made to access my computer.....at first blush it was no big deal....but little did I know......

blocking the address works to some extent....blocking the server is an another story........doing so prevents me from access any links.........prevents me from accessing any posts at BB's.....prevents me from accessing links ANYWHERE!!!

very patiently I tryed to discuss this problem in person with the personal at the comcast sub-station....I actually drove there..........an was all but totally ignorred.......not even the slightest reasonableness was shown by comcast personal...........

at this point the snowman's attitude became chilly...time to contact my lawyers..........they in turn contacted comcast.........an was told that it was a comcast customer causing the problem....that the customer's account was "in trouble"....but comcast could not do anything to solve the problem.......hmmmmmm

an yet blocking the comcast customer is no problem....but blocking the comcast server shuts down surfing........huh......nawwwwwwwww.......yup!

absolutely everything I did on the internet was being logged...........I ran scans from trogans..virus...keyloggers....nothing!.....everything points back to the comcast server.......

Paul and Mods....I wont list here the url of the comcast customer......but will list the server addy....if this is considered improper please feel free to delete...I do not desire to violate BB rules....thanks

<address deleted by FanJ on request of snowman>

P>S>     I contacted my own ISP.....an was advised they could not be of any help......

on a final note......I have blocked connection to my computer by the comcast customer.......but blocking the server still prevents access to links.........was also advised by comcast that any attempt made to "break" the connection could lead to a complaint against me.....in turn my response was "see ya in court"  

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, snowman! good to see you again!

If ComCast isn't your provider, i'm not understanding how blocking that addy is keeping you from accessing anything (from things that are not on their server, I mean). Very strange.

Let us know what the upshot of it all is.

All I got when I entered the addy you gave was a 'Could not find server' message (Opera) and IE couldn't handle it all (threw me into an MSN search, which SB throttled).

Good luck! Pete

3. snowman

snowman Guest

Pete.....hey there ole friend....great to hear from you again....been awhile......sure hope all is well with you and your's...

well seems my lil problem is resolved......have managed to entirely block the "whatever" at comcast....an my attorneys are still working on this....

no comcast isn't my ip.......an yes this was most strange behavior......I've never heard of anything like it.

Pete you wont be able to access the server address posted.......an so as not to violate any BB policy I wont list the other addy.....in politeness to this BB.........

frankly I have serious doubts that the "customer" even exist.....an if so...then comcast would appear to protect heckers......since comcast absolutely refused to address the problem..........

this "incident" slid right pass IE....in fact, comcast is not suppose to be able to access my computer period!  their entire sub-ranges are blocked.   but this "thing" just walked right in......an was stopped only because of my other security settings........it tryed to piggy back my proxy "out"...........the same way one of those "leaktest" would do.......this is a good example why every program should be set to "ask"

whatever this was prevented me from accessing secure sockets...without everything being monitored......it didn't use java or active X...no cookies....an was trying to "send" out.........

my computer is super clean.....nothing modified in the registry.....never use e mail...no new programs added.......

as to why I could not access any links.....not even here at this BB....baffles me.....    but the problem is solved for now at least.......until the next one......an if this is some form of new morph trogan then everyone has bee given a heads up........hopefully some good will result...........

4. snowman

snowman Guest

Paul  and/or  Moderators

please delete the above posted comcast address.

there is no problem...........however, its best that its deleted........as soon as possible....for security reasons.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi snowman,

I have deleted that address; please have a look if it's OK now with you (maybe you have to refresh the page).

And first of all:
    Welcome snowman, I too am very pleased to see you again  :) I hope all is well with you.

Jan.

6. snowman

snowman Guest

FANJ

much thanks for the super quick response........

am not sure how to word this explanation for my request.........as stated previously there is no problem.....its more a preventive measure........if I used e mail I would advise you privately.

thank you FANJ

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi snowman,

No problem!
    I'm glad I could be of help  :)

8. snowman

snowman Guest

FANJ

thank you for the warm welcome back.....I've sincerely missed being here..........

hope I wasn't a bother by having to request the url be deleted.......

may I compliment PW and all the Mods here......for maintaining such a pleasent enviorment at this BB.....its a most welcome gift to all posters............thanks

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Welcome Snowman,

Glad to see you; consider yourself amongst friends!

regards.

paul

10. snowman

snowman Guest

Paul

thankya for the welcome....ah but it does feel good sharing with old friends.......I've always considered you and this BB to be among the very best.........

please excuse me for not registering....may be able to do so in the very near future.......hopefully so.

hey the forum looks great!!!    you got style!!

an you have some really great mods........but don't tell Pete....we don't want him to get swell-headed on us  lol.......

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

:) Not much chance of that! If Blacksheep didn't already have dibs on the name....

Very glad you got the initial problem straightened out!Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.