Cobian Backup Help please

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by beethoven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have been using Cobian Backup for many years and found that it worked perfectly for my needs - doing full file backups of selected folders across different drives and a network, keeping a number of backups.
    The software is no longer being developed but until recently it just worked for me.

I have now run into an issue with a task of about 20-25 gb getting stuck somewhere midway. I suspected my external backup drive and replaced it, tried different usb ports (front and back), then decided to run the task on a different pc. Unfortunately the same thing happened again. When running a similar task from a number of drives to an internal backup drive the issue does not happen.
    Does anyone have any ideas - given that I have used Cobian and have done the same type of backups for years and the ongoing success with the inbuilt destination drive, I don't actually believe it's a cobian issue.

I have looked at Bvckup and Synchback free but while they seem to be fine programs, they don't quite do what I want to do ( mainly creating a task with a collection of folders and files from different drives to be backed up across to one storage drive and provide some form of retention or versioning).

2. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Just tried a check disk on this drive and after having processed 41320 files the progress bar does not seem to move any further. The file number could be correct as this would relate to the partial backups I have done so far. Mind you at this stage none of these are relevant as they are just backups, so any kind of maintenance on this drive I am happy to do or if necessary get a new one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.