CMOS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by coverbandit, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coverbandit

coverbandit Registered Member

After being on vacation for a week, I booted my computer and windows failed to load. I got the message CMOS Settings Wrong, and CMOS Memory Size Wrong. I accessed setup, made no changes, then exited. Windows then loaded and detected new hardware which I have had installed for quite some time. After that I had no sound, none of my cd drives would work (would detect the files but not access them) and A: drive not detected at all. I rebooted and then had setup restore default values. Only the A: drive would work after that. After quite a few hours of searching the net I rebooted to obtain the AMIBOS ID String to flash the BIOS and then everything loaded properly and all my drives and sound worked fine. I am not a computer wiz by no means but I think I may need to replace the CMOS battery to obtain it's settings. If so what is the best method to do this, or is something else going on with the PC.

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85 Registered Member

Hello

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.