cME Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gthomas, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthomas

gthomas Registered Member

Anyone having any difficulty with Acronis Workstation 3718 working on drives with the cME partition? I have three machines with Acronis reporting sector errors on exactly the same sectors on all machines. I believe it is tripping over the cME partition which is not a Windows partition. It is used to store recovery information and is a Phoenix BIOS thing. Acronis refuses to run without hitting Ignore All a couple of times and this won't work on a scheduled backup.

2. gthomas

Problem solved. I removed the Phoenix BIOS cME partition and all problems went away. Apparently Acronis cannot understand that partition.

3. bsplhcb

bsplhcb Registered Member

I am having same problem, exept I recovered from a failing drive and was unaware of the Phoenix/cME partition thing. I was then getting sector errors after restore. I was hesitant to delete this hidden partition because Twinhead the laptop mfg stated that the system may not boot if I do. From what I was able to dicern was that the cME partition was something like Acronis but built into the BIOS. I'm still not 100% sure about this. Can anyone confirm is deleting this hidden partion will have any ill effects?

4. gthomas

No problem here when I deleted it and Phoenix even gave me the instrustions to do it. It has no bearing on booting the drive. You can kill it.:rolleyes:

5. bsplhcb

bsplhcb Registered Member

How did you delete the partition. I cannot delete it via Windows Disk Management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.