Cmd line

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Reve_Etrange, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

Regarding the command line, I've read it is included in the rule, so does it mean that every single switch and argument combination require a rule? Or can you accept any switch/argument? Can you disallow an exe unless there are specific argument? Can you allow an exe unless there's a specific switch you don't want to see?

-RE

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Reve_Etrange,

Like RegDefend, there will be a unique rule for each executable+parameter combination.

With the next public beta, Jason will probably include command-line filtering for rundll32.exe and svchost.exe. In my tests today with filtering rundll32.exe, I restricted rundll32.exe to only Display Properties by creating an Allow rule specifying "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe" /d g:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,control_rundll desk.cpl followed by a second rule for rundll32.exe with no parameters and set to Block execution.

Yes, by creating a rule with that parameter, and setting it to Block execution. If you follow that with a rule for the same executable with no parameters, and set it to Allow execution, everything else will be permitted.

Hope that makes sense.

Nick

3. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Will it be possible to use wildcards (ie. ? and * like in RegDefend rules) for AD rules ?

4. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

TY for your answer nick_s.
    Wildcards would be very useful indeed.

-RE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.