cloning.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by coldstreamer, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

"Chuffed" o_O = out of breath ?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

"Chuffed" = Pleased with oneself.

Colin

3. coldstreamer

coldstreamer Registered Member

should I use compression when imaging?

4. crofttk

Many thanks, Colin.

5. crofttk

Well, it's strictly optional but many softwares, ATI included (at NORMAL compression), actually will complete more quickly if you do use compression and the final image file takes up less room to boot. I'm not sure how restore time is affected by compression with ATI.

Basically, I can't think of a good reason why you WOULDN'T want to use compression.

I'm glad you're feeling more confident with this now.

6. coldstreamer

Hi,
    back again, I'm unable to open my 'C' drive image keeps asking for name of programme to use to open,tried exploring image in Acronis but no joy there.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

When you say 'open up the image', do you mean click on the tib file and hope that TI starts up, or actually looking inside the image?

If the first, then the file association has gone wrong - to check this open any Windows folder - such as explorer, my documents - zap over to tools and choose folder options, go down the list until you find tib and then check by clicking on change you should see the open with box and TI in the Recommended Programs box - if not browse to find it.

On the advanced tab from the file types dialogue check you have the following entries -

plug and restore. Clicking on the edit button should bring up

"Your_drive_letter:\Utilities\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImage.exe" /mount:"%1" use DDE should be ticked and the note should say system.

The above is for plug.

For restore you should see

"Your_drive_letter:\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImage.exe" /restore:"%1"

Application should say True Image, DDE should be ticked and note should say system.

If it is actually seeing inside the tib file - then try mounting it from within TI.

Do you get this problem when using the rescue CD - except you can't mount an image this way.

Colin

8. coldstreamer

Thanks for replying.
    got to edit file type
    true image backup archive in box
    actions explore

9. coldstreamer

sorry bodgy should have said I am not familiar with Acronis all I have been doing for the last 12 months is cloning which I was advised to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.