Cloning with True Image 9.0...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aorian, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aorian

aorian Registered Member

I recently cloned a failing drive with TI 9.0 (True Image 9.0), but after I finished and put the clone in service, I noticed my 2nd drive which was disconnected during the cloning process, but then returned to it normal place and reconnected after the failing drive was removed, has lost it's ID.:mad: The drive is there, but has no letter designation - 'C:' is what it used to be, as my primary is 'F:' drive, so now I can see my F: drive but my secondary drive doesn't even show up.:'( What would cause my 2nd drive to loose it's identity, even unplugged and disconnected, and how can I get it back!? o_O Any help would be appreciated!

2. amnonfeiner

amnonfeiner Registered Member

Is it recognized by Windows? did you try rescan disks from XP disk administrator?

3. aorian

aorian Registered Member

When I first put it in, it seem to recognize the C: drive, but some where down the line, very soon after I put the newly cloned drive into operation, it lost it. I haven't had XP scan it yet. I'll give that a try and see if that help. As I said, my Device Manage sees the drive, but just calls it 'disk drive'. Very strange.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.