cloning a 160gb hdd to a 250gb hdd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blonky, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blonky

blonky Registered Member

i have a 160gb OS hard drive and a 120gb data drive. i want to clone the 160gb onto a new 250gb drive and then fill the rest of the drive from my data from my 120gb.
    will there be a problem?

i also want to clone a 160gb hard drive in FAT-X format to a larger 250gb drive. does trueimage support this format? it is commonly used in xbox hard drives.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blonky,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 can't clone two small hard drives onto the large one.

We recommend you to do the following:

-Clone your 160 GB hard drive onto the large one. Please choose As is partition transfer method;
    -Unplug old hard drive right after the disk cloning process has been finished, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.;
    -Connect the 120GB drive with data;
    -Boot your computer from the new cloned hard drive;
    -Create an image of your data hard drive;
    -Restore this image to the unallocated space on the new large hard drive.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 does not support FATX. It will be probably supported in the future builds/versions of Acronis True Image.You can find a list of supported file systems at our web-site here.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.