Cloned new HD not using full disk capacity

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by k6eid, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

I just bought a new 250GB HD yesterday to replace my current 60GB C drive. I cloned it using TI. Once I did this the capacity has been reduced from 250GB to 60GB, eactly equal to the current C drive. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Phil

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Phil,

I seem to recall that if you use the auto option in the clone tool your partition should be automatically resized. If you choose Manual I think you can automatically resize, keep the same, or create new partitions.

Therefore, if you just wanted to use all available space I guess the answer would have been to use automatic.

You may want to check the help.

F.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can create a secure zone onthe clone drive, then remove it and specify to allocate all usable space to the system ("c:") partition.

sh

4. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

I have tried that and am unable to resize it manually or automatically. Whichever I do, the program changes my partition size from 230GB+ to 55GB and leaves the other 175 GB as Unallocated. I sent this note to Acronis Tech Support:

I have a 250GB new HD that I'm trying to install to use as the new boot drive. When I go to Clone and select Automatic, the NTIS [partition size
    (55GB) is exactly the same size as the source disk's. They are NOT resized. Then I try the Manual option and select Delete Partitions (so I can proceed) and Keep Data, then try Proportional ,the original source disk size partition is shown (55GB) with the other 175GB is shown as unallocated. So I go back and select Manual, and select Proceed Relayout, I get the identical thing as Automatic (55GB Primary and 175 GB unallocated. I then select the 55GB partition to resize and the Partition Size selector's arrows are greyed out and I cannot resize the partition (I can move it but it keeps the same 55 GB size). SEE ATTACHED IMAGE. What am I doing wrong? I want to utilize the entire capacity of the new disk and I don't have any partitioning software to change the size outside of TI!

5. k6eid

k6eid Registered Member

SH

Thanks I will try that (I am new to this software so hopefully I can figure out how to try the Rescue Zone thing).

Thanks

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.