clone verification???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Squirrel of Death, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squirrel of Death

Squirrel of Death Registered Member

Hello all i am gonna buy software to clone my hdd to a larger one for my laptop and i am curious as to how long the verification process takes once the HDD has been cloned and i am also wondering how long it will take to verify wheather or not it is actually not corrupted cuz i have seen a quite a few threads up here concerning corrupted files...And as far as that matter goes if there is a high rate of corrutpion in image files etc that ware created by this product then it may not be for me...I guess i am just trying to get some good advice concerning cloning my 60g hitachi HDD to a 100g seagate deal...and then just using the other(60gig) for storage and back up... :D

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Install the trial version and try it. Factors such as processor, disk, motherboard, memory, etc will affect how long it takes on your computer.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Squirrel of Death,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The Disk Clone wizard simply moves the entire contents of one disk drive to another and doesn't create image files and so the problem with corrupted files doesn't relate to cloning. You can download Acronis True Image 8.0 trial version at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/ in order to make sure it will work on your computer.

You shouldn't load any verification process after cloning. Please just replace your old hard disk drive with the new one and try to boot the laptop.

Furthermore, the problem with corrupted image files is usually a hardware problem and this problem should be analyzed separately in every certain case.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.