Clone to a smaller HD

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by the insider, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Hallo,

Maybe this question has been raised before my apologies in advance. But the fact remains that I am stuck with a big HDD (640 GB) which contains only 40 GB of data (my OS and some progs and documents). I want to clone this 40 GB to an 80 GB HDD and I don't know whether this will worko_O If "yes" what should I be aware of and is there any danger involved losing my OS or data? :oops:
    I like to know this before I purchase this or any other product from Paragon.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Insider,

You can do a standard image backup with the master boot record and restore the archive to your smaller hard drive. There should be no danger in losing your data. I'm guessing both hard drives are internal? Simply run the backup of the original hard drive and save the archive on the original hard drive. Then run a restore of the archive onto your smaller HD. Disconnect the original hard drive, set the smaller hard drive as the primary master and reboot.

In the event that it does not boot, I recommend burning a recovery disk ahead of time: Tools > Recovery Media Builder. This will take care of most of your boot problems if you run into them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.